Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lobstertrap Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Aug 7, 2010, 04:46 AM

Being martyred for a childish fairy tale makes it all the more sad. Even the Neanderthals were not that stupid.

Aug 7, 2010, 05:14 AM

Gregory the 1V told his Cardinals: "it has served us well, this myth of Christ. We shall continue to exploit it to our advantage." I really feel sorry for you poor lost people who actually believe the childish Alice-in Wonderland and Dorothy- in-Oz fairy tales in a Bible rife with war, blood, murder and countless contradictions and which even a deranged schizo would flee from in horror.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 04:35 PM

Well golly gee willikers... if Gregory the IV told his Cardinals that Christ was a MYTH.. well it MUST be true. WOW!

FYI a relationship with Jesus Christ and believing in a HELL isn't a 'religion" . I wouldn't go so far as to call YOU stupid and compare you to a Neanderthal becauseI'm much to sweet spirited. :D but before you post on the Chrisitianity forum you MIGHT want to use some wisdom. The OP chose to post the question for CHRISTIANS views not views from
    Gregory the IV ( brilliant as you may think him to be.)

Since you seem to like quotes and quoted old Greggy the IV.. think I will quote a famous guy named PAUL...

Paul said this to an assembly in ROME( speaking of guys like Gregory IV whoever the heck he was)

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, (romans 1:22)

:)
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Aug 7, 2010, 04:47 PM

If the Catholic Church will drop some of its extra-Biblical dogma, non Catholic believers might regard it with more respect.

But, no, Catholic scholars will defend to the last ditch those dogmas that are mythical, to say the least.

I notice that they rely on the Catholic encyclopedia a lot more than they do the Bible, though.

As for you Atheists, enjoy the differences within the Christian community while you can. Every knee will bow before Jesus and acknowledge Him as LORD of all.

That includes you.

Aug 7, 2010, 06:52 PM

Classy T: Well Holy Cow. Jeepers... the only difference is that Pope Gregory 1V was Real, the woman-hater St. Paul was and is a Myth. and the book of Romans you quote from is out of the biggest swindle in History... the Bible. It is a sad pity that a whole life is wasted embracing a book that espouses hate, jealousy ("I am a jealous God") wars, slaughter, racism , slavery, child-killing, and a book of Revelation which sees a stoned, spaced out, hashish-puffing fanatic stranded alone on some island and hallucinating about Apocalypses, Armageddon's and eerie ghostly figures riding horses through the clouds, and culminating in yet another slaughter-house war in which everyone is wiped out except those who believe in "God". By the way, next time you see Santa Clause say hello to him for me, willya? Mucho gracias, muchacho.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2010, 07:12 PM

If you wrote and spelled and expressed your pov better than you do, I might even think about what you say and take you seriously, lobstertrap, but 'tis not to be.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    If you wrote and spelled and expressed your pov better than you do, I might even think about what you say and take you seriously, lobstertrap, but 'tis not to be.
    I can't bring myself to take him/her/it seriously in English or Spanish:

Mucho gracias, muchacho.
    It's muchas gracias, and if you looked at the profile you'd see that ClassyT is a muchacha, definitely not a muchacho.

And with that, I decline to feed the troll any further.
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2010, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    If the Catholic Church will drop some of its extra-Biblical dogma, non Catholic believers might regard it with more respect.
    Maybe we should take a vote on which of Christ’s words we should drop from our faith? We should take on a new faith founded on ourselves and how others perceive Christians (a.k.a. Catholics). Maybe after handing over His Kingdom on earth to Peter and his successors we should rise up and force all priests to marry – this will make Protestants ‘like’ Catholics. In fact, Catholics should turn over their faith to schismatics, this will prove the depth and breadth of the Catholic faith.

You've got to be kidding!

But, no, Catholic scholars will defend to the last ditch those dogmas that are mythical, to say the least.
    ‘Mythical’? You hold scripture to be ‘Mythical’? Your argument is for Protestants to ‘like Catholics’ is to commit apostasy? When was the last time you visited earth?

I notice that they rely on the Catholic encyclopedia a lot more than they do the Bible, though.
    I guess what a blind man sees tortures him with the phantoms found in his ignorance of light?

JoeT

Aug 8, 2010, 05:57 AM

Yes, so sorry about the poor Spanish. We don't have 25,000,000 illegal Hispanics in our beautiful country, so I admit to being a little lax on the language.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2010, 11:16 AM
    Wondergirl agrees : I was being sarcastic. It was the troll's dessert.

I knew you were being sarcastic. I decided to continue in that vein :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

At home jobs good thing? Or a bad thing? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two month old little girl, and a job I have had for almost 4 years. When I first found out I was pregnant my boss and I sat down and discussed my future with the company. We decided that after my maternity leave I would come back part time (20 hours) until January of 2009. I am now back...

Will I Go To Hell? [ 44 Answers ]

I am in an abusive marriage with a Christian... I plan to leave and divorce soon... will I be doomed for a divorce?

What the hell is going on? [ 14 Answers ]

OK so I met a girl just over a month ago, we went out 3 times, she is a year older than me, and we seemed to really get on and like each other. I accept she is rubbish at replying to text messages, and fb messages, But we went out on Monday, spent all day 2gther, she kept asking to come and see my...

What about Hell? [ 26 Answers ]

Earlier, I started a discussion about heaven. Whether it was a state of mind or if it was a literal physical location. So, what about hell? Another physical location with fire-ey pits and a devil running around with a pitch fork or just the absence of the peaceful loving presence of God?

View more questions Search