Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulwjohn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 10:14 AM
    I have an intermittent dead animal smell in 2 parts of my house - cannot find source
    I have an intermittent dead animal smell that permeates my master closets downstairs and sometimes my daughter's closet upstairs. Both areas have attic directly above them. We have had pest control confirm that there is no rodent activity, plumbers that say there is no plumbing back up in pipes, AC people that say there is no AC problems. Can this have anything to do with venting pipes in attic. Strange thing is that when the smell is in the closet it is not in the attic? Any ideas?

Check out some similar questions!

Why does under my sink smell like dead animal [ 5 Answers ]

I have a horrible smell coming from underneath my kitchen sink so I took it apart thinking I would find a dead animal and what I found was nothing so I went to look underneath the house and there was that smell and still no dead animal the smell is getting worse everyday and I noticed that...

How do I find the source of an intermittent sewer smell in a basement? [ 0 Answers ]

My basement bathroom, in a 60 year old house, has started to have intermittent sewer smells. The smells permeate the house if not vented out basement windows. All drains flow fine, no backups. The usual things have been looked at: traps are full, roof vents are not blocked, basement toilet has...

How can you tell if dead animal or sewer smell? [ 2 Answers ]

I have spent a couple of hours looking at posts and trying to decide if I have a septic problem or a dead rat under my bathroom floor in the crawl space. We have had a rodent problem in our attic and in our crawlspace and have put poison in both areas. We killed one critter in the attic,...

How do you get rid of dead animal smell? [ 1 Answers ]

We have had a rodent killed inside of crawl space smells fowl, canno't seem to find culprit how do we get rid of smell/

Dead Animal Smell [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed a "dead animal smell" in the front of my house from time to time, mostly around my driveway. I do not smell anything in my house at all and I do not see any dead animals outside my house. What could this be and what should I do about it? It's a faint odor, not too strong, but it's...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.