Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alyssakylee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 05:53 PM
    After 5 years of handing checks to my husbands ex she decides to go through courts!
    My husbands ex wife after 5 years of handing her cash for support her boyfriend is getting her to do child support through court, she wants money from him for back support when he has never been late but he missed a month because he lost his job. But he was out of work for 4 months but paid her with his 401k so what should we expect
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 06:02 PM

If she never filed before, normally they do not give back support
    ( but some states do) and if you were paying her cash, sorry that was just stupid and most people know that you do checks and have proof of payment. If you can't prove you were paying them money, no cancelled checks, no receipts and they will not admit they got money, it never happened as for as the court is concerned.

To be honest it always should have been though the courts and now it will be done properly.

Also it will be set according to his wages, so if he is unemployed, the child support will be very very little each month.
    Alyssakylee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 01:01 PM
    He has receipts for everything until late oct she kept forgetting to give it to him my husband is very passive aggresssive.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 28, 2010, 05:51 AM

Gather all your receipts for court. You may get stuck for any time you do not have proof of payment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many years does UK visa Backround check, checks for? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 traffic violations in past 14 years and one misternare. I am applying for dependent visa status. How far in years do they check and will I be abble to get visa if I have misterminare

My husbands checks have been garnished by no fault of ours can we sue? [ 5 Answers ]

My son was sick ended up in the hospital. The insurance wrongfully denied the claim. The hospital in turn began garnishing my husbands checks in excesses of $600 every 2 weeks. The insurance first tried to tell me that we were not covered during the dates my son was in the hospital which was a...

My husbands' seven years secret [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for more than seven yrs.he is a good husband and a father to our three children, I almost think that he is perfect until I found out just recently that he has a daughter from another woman before our marriage.its so hard for me... I feel betrayed and I don't know...

7 felony counts for 7 worthless checks 12 years ago [ 2 Answers ]

I have 7 felony counts (7 bad checks totaled over 5,000) I live in Georgia.I had no other charges prior to writing these checks. I now want to substitute teach at my son's school but this feliny will show up,and that would be embarrising for both. It has been 12 years. I completed my probation...

Handing parental right over [ 1 Answers ]

How to I go about getting my daughter father to sign his parental right over. I have sole custody and he is not on my daughters birth cert. and my new husband wants to adopt her??

View more questions Search