Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deronette97 Posts: 57, Reputation: 5

Jul 23, 2010, 04:38 PM
    Ring Around the Rosie
    Should Ring Around the Rosie really be taught to infants and toddlers?? Because now when I actually pay attention to the words, it's really a death song.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 05:07 PM

It's just a song. Infants and toddlers don't pay attention to the words, they just like the tune and the actions.

There are many things in this world that have meanings that some people will find offensive. If you're a parent and don't want this song taught to your child, than don't teach it, or explain what it means. That's your choice.

If we censor one little tiny thing like this, imagine what people would go after next.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jul 23, 2010, 05:18 PM

I use to sing it all the time when I was a kid. It wasn't until I was an adult that someone told me the real meaning behind the song. And I never really thought about the words. I really don't think it's a big deal that kids learn the song. Just as Altenweg said "its just a song".. and one that every kid has learned. And they don't know the meaning to the words. Its just like the fairy tales we learned as kids... many of them were pretty violent if you think about them now. But as a child you don't even give that a second thought.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 05:35 PM

It is a song and game, no harm what so ever
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 28, 2010, 08:18 AM

Depending which country you are from, it isn't about "ashes ashes we all fall down".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_Around_the_Rosie

From Snopes:
    snopes.com: Ring Around the Rosie
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 11:14 AM

They have ch anged the words that they taught my daughter. Now its husha husha. Not sure why lol.
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 11:15 AM

I always sang it with husha husha. Maybe it's a Canadian thing. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 11:17 AM

Not only that, think about rock a bye baby. Lol. Its talking about putting an infant in a tree and letting it fall.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I always sang it with husha husha. Maybe it's a Canadian thing. ;)
    I've always done it ashes. But ayla learned it from the show Caillou, and he is french :P
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    ive always done it ashes. but ayla learned it from the show Caillou, and he is french :P
    I learned it from my mom, she was German. It may just have been that she messed it up, thought they were saying husha instead of ashes.

After all, the woman used to call a cell phone a "cellulite phone". It's possible she just messed the song up too. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 11:53 AM

Cellulite phone LOL. Nice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings a newer country song about a little girl named rose/rosie who gets adopted? [ 2 Answers ]

The song is a newer country song by a female artist. There is a little girl named Rose or Rosie and she is neglected by her biological mom and dad. She eventually is adopted. The song relates the little girl to how you would take care of a flower. It was played on either 102.7 or 106.7 within the...

How do you replace the retaining ring and o ring ( part no. 101879 ) [ 0 Answers ]

I have a leak where the spout and faucet connect, do I need to take the enite faucet of the sink to replace the o-ring?

A Follow-up to Rosie [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, For those of you who were so very kind and supportive - Labman, Ruby, J_9, Kae, and many more, about my former post on Rosie, here is an update. Had my day in court, actually two days but who is counting? Lol. The hearing was in civil court. The guy who owned the other dog...

Whole lotta Rosie [ 5 Answers ]

What would fundamentalist Muslims do with some one like Rosie Odonnel? Being fat, ugly, a big vile mouth and a lesbian. Would they grant her the right to free speech as Bush and America does or would they simply lop off her big fat head? :confused:

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

View more questions Search