Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladytab Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Jul 23, 2010, 03:11 PM
    Hospital Note after being Released
    I was currently in the hospital for pneumonia for 4.5 days and was released earlier today - I missed an online exam during this time and it states in our syllabus that he will not grant extensions for exams. I thought it'd be worth a try to tell him what happened to see if I can take the exam for at least partial credit but I began to think that he may want proof that I was in the hospital for those days but when I called the hospital (just a bit ago) to see if I can get a note stating I was in the hospital for those days and why but they told me that they don't give out notes if a patient has already been released - has anyone else ever encountered this? And should I let my professor know that I did try to get one? - I just feel like he's going to think I'm lying about it...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 03:13 PM

My doctor wrote an excuse for me. Do you have a primary care doctor? Who treated you?

Jul 23, 2010, 03:15 PM

I have a primary doctor but that's not who treated me - he had nothing to do with the treatment or knowledge of this illness. I went to the ER because of a ridiculously high fever at around 9 or 930 at night on a Sunday - so I was taken care of by some doctor on duty at the hosp.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladytab View Post
    so I was taken care of by some doctor on duty at the hosp.
    Do you have his name? Once you were admitted, you would have had a different doctor. Who was that?

Why wasn't your primary contacted?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 03:18 PM

Unfortunately we typically don't give a note to a released patient, especially over the phone.

Can you provide the instructor with a copy of your discharge papers?

I've been in that situation when I was back in school as well. Hospitalized for a week and missed a test. Unfortunately, there was no make up test. Had to make the grad up with other work.

Jul 23, 2010, 03:31 PM

Primary physicians don't have to be contacted (never had my physician contacted during previous visits to the hospital) - not to mention that I didn't go to the hospital that he works for/is affiliated with - I live closer to a different hospital - and he's on vacation for the past week and will be on vacation for the next week as well.

I have those so perhaps he'll accept it if he wants proof but since it's a 3 hour drive to where he is from where I live (since it's an online class at a "sister" campus) I guess I'll have to fax them if he's willing/able to physically go to the campus to receive the papers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 05:51 PM

When I get discharged from the hospital, I normally get a stack of papers, release papers, patient care info. I find it hard that you got out of the hospital and do not have something to show you were in the hospital

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debit Note Credit Note definition [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I want to know definition of Debit Noe, Credit Note.

Can I be released from a lease [ 2 Answers ]

There are three leasees on a lease. There is one month left in the lease. One has a job transfer, one goes to college and there is one left. The property manager has agreed to release the renters from the lease. The property is vacated by the tenants, the manager has done the walk through and...

Supplier overcharge to us, so what we issue debit note or credit note to them? [ 1 Answers ]

Nice to be you member. I have one question: If supply over charge to us, do we need to issue debit note and credit note? Thanks your help, Regards, Sodany

Being released on are.O.are [ 5 Answers ]

If you're a convicted felon (about 14yrs ago) what are the chances of being R.O.R? I mean he has no where else to go but home, he has no money to leave or skip state etc. they have nothing on him to even have arrested him. It's so stupid... Another question I have is when they come with a...

View more questions Search