Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachel2820 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 01:50 PM
    No one wants to be my friend
    Im a 30 yr old single mother of 1 I work fully time but I have no friends I think I am a very nice person and have no problem talking to people its just no one seems to want to be my friend and it hurts
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 23, 2010, 02:20 PM

Hi Rachel 2820
    I have read your post, and I agree its rather unusual for people not to befriend one another, however could it be that you are maybe putting out an unfriendly vibe or an offhand indfferent one. Perhaps you need to take more time with people.
    Invite them over to your place for coffee or drinks perhaps.

Or ask them if they would like to go see a movie with you or go out dancing, or just to go to the pub for a quick drink afterwork.

It could be you appear to be in a hurry.

Have you considered joining a singles group in your area?

Or maybe you could take up some voluntary work or join a writers group or a theatrical one, whatever your interests are.

Maybe you could go for walks or join a ramblers group or something along these lines.

Maybe invite work colleagues for a night out or a girls night.

Any of these suggestions could find you on your way to making friends, some people are not very confident or too shy to approach you , so maybe you need to approach them...
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jul 23, 2010, 05:35 PM

Hey Rachel2820 Im so sorry to hear that your having a hard time meeting friends. I can understand what your going through. I am in my early 30's and I have a hard time making friends. Mainly because I've gotten so burned my whole life by people its made me a bit jaded. BUT I wouldn't open myself up to friends either and kept to myself. Sometimes it takes me awhile to "make a friend" but when I was "proactive" and went out of my way to make plans or join a mom's group ( I'm a divorced mom of 2) it became easier for me.

Im not sure what you have tried or not tried.. or what the exact circumstances that are inhibiting you from making friends. But I know by putting yourself "out there" it allows more people a chance to get to know you. Positiveparent gave you some really good ideas.

I hope everything works out for you. And remember you have friends here and we care. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to have sex with a female friend of mine who is also friend to my wife [ 14 Answers ]

I am in love with a female friend of mine who is also my wife's friend.I want to have sex with my friend.She also likes me to some extent but as a friend only.She tells she cannot have sex with me but at the same time gives signals to have some intimate relationship.she gives mixed reaction.what...

Is it legal that my friend was fired because my other friend was caught shoplifting? [ 3 Answers ]

My friend was caught shoplifting a tester of perfume at sears, he is being charged and blah blah, but he gave the perfume to my other friend who works there, she didn't know it was stolen she thought it was just an early christmas gift, but now a week after the incident she has been fired, is that...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

View more questions Search