Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 26, 2010, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick555 View Post
    My vehicles are private because I own them outright.
    I agree, however that licenses and registrations are the domain of government. So when the government asks me to change them I will.
    What I won't do is be told to change them by a manager of an apartment complex.
    You certainly have some strange ideas.
    Sorry but you are the one with the strange ideas. My ideas are not strange, they comply with the law.

Yes, your vehicles are private to the extent that someone cannot enter them without permission. But that's as far as that goes. And the government HAS told you to change your registration in the form of a law stating this has to be done within 30 days. You risk fines by not complying with the law.

The management of the complex has the right to make sure that no illegal activity is going on within the complex. The parking lot is private property owned by the complex. An improperly registered vehicle is a violation of the law and they have the right to demand that only legally registered vehicles be parked on their property.

You are way off base here. You are violating the law and that puts in the wrong.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2010, 06:41 AM

Patrick, you lost me with the privacy argument. This is a contract matter. If you are claiming you didn't sign the contract, well, then you don't have a lease and can be evicted at any time.

If you did sign a lease you have to obey the rules. I think the rules are ambiguous but the more I read of this the more I think you have a losing argument.

You either HAVEN'T re-registered because you don't have the money, don't have the time, want to press the issue, are a malcontent.

I'm starting not to be so sure which it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking a lease because of parking [ 3 Answers ]

I moved to a busy part of the city where parking is slim and found a place that had an assigned parking slot on the side of the building. The parking spot and were it was located with a map was included in the signed lease. The first week I moved in the landlord discovered he gave me the wrong...

TAA lease move-out dispute [ 2 Answers ]

I have been at my apartments for a year now and my lease is supposed to end on November 13, 2007. I signed the TAA lease agreement in October 2006 knowing that I would move-out when the lease ends. To make a long story short, I put my 30 day notice in, assuming it was 30 days, but then I find out...

TAA lease incorrect and major problems w/apt [ 7 Answers ]

I have been living in an apartment that has had some major sewage back up, causing living conditions to be well... unlivable, plus we have air conditioners that don't work correctly,cold water I kitchen doesn't work, none of the toliets work, this is just the big stuff. When we got a notice on...

Lease Agreement, TAA Member? [ 7 Answers ]

(1) Where can I obtain a list of member of the TAA? I don't believe the townhouses where I reside are members, but are using a TAA Lease Agreement (which states on the form that if they are not members - the lease is null and void). (2) Also, I was reviewing my lease the other day; and saw that I...

View more questions Search