Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stewaram Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 06:16 AM
    Can you add someone without making them part owner
    Just married, my house. Our insurance agent suggested that my husband be put on my home in order to get a better preium... Can you add someone without making them part owner of your property?
    stewaram Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 06:17 AM
    Can you add someone without making them part owner.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2010, 09:25 AM

I think you have it backwards. The agent was probably suggesting you add him to the deed (which makes him part owner). Being part of the mortgage has nothing to do with the ownership and shouldn't have anything to do with the insurance.

Unless you are talking about mortgage insurance, then I am not 100% positive.

Why would you want him on the mortgage but not the deed? And why would HE want that?

EDIT: just reread this and you didn't mention the mortgage. Just assumed because you are in the mortgage forum.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 09:30 AM

Hello s:

If I detect your hesitance to add him to your deed as an OWNER, then I share your hesitancy. If you do that, and DON'T make him responsible for the loan too, then you're going to make ALL the payments, and he's still going to own HALF of whatever equity you have. That's one hell of a gift to him, and it'll last even if you have marital problems in the future.

I think your insurance agent should STICK with insurance.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does the part of the computer look like whre I add more memory [ 3 Answers ]

What does the part of the computer look like where I alll nnew =more memory

In the end the girl is making scenes from each part of her life [ 2 Answers ]

There is a girl who goes through dramatic things in her life such as having to stay with a family but she gets kicked out after getting to friendly with the woman's husband, she also goes through a gothic stage where she gets a tattoo on her arm, in the end she is using shoe boxes where she is...

If my husband got a homestead rebate as part owner of our house am I entitled to one? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, it seems that I am having a tax question. My husband and I were married several years ago and recently found out that only he was getting a homestead rebate, don't ask me how. Am I entitled to a matched amount or is the amount he received the total for us as a married couple, filing...

Am I part owner of my home [ 1 Answers ]

Recently my husband and I refinance our home. I could'nt get off work in time most days So he applied for the loan in his name only. My name is on the deed/title but the loan is in his name. Am I part owner of my home. In the past my name was always on the loan. Tylnn

How Can A Owner Of A Property Add Someone To Their Deed [ 1 Answers ]

I live in orlando fla I would like to know how can I as the home owner add someone to my deed. What forms do I need to use. I know already that I have to know the pay off my mortgage before I can so this I have requested this information. If anyone nows in this area can they give me a quicl...

View more questions Search