Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grrr_4ever Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 05:26 AM
    I want to know what type of carrots are good for a project on growth patterns?
    Okay so I am doing a science fair project but I need to plant during the summer as in next week. My climate really only permits planting of carrots more towards this time. I need to find the right species of carrot for my project in order to make it work well and to know the right kind oof nutrients. I am trying to determineif growing things naturally really beats outthe agribusiness way of pesticides. I am uncertain of the type because there are so many and I have no background or previous knowledge of botany. I was hoping for maybe a point in the right direction. Do keep in mind that I live in zone 8-10 on a hardiness map and my specic area is 8b and what time of year it is
    I am testing for the following things(please tell me if you think I need more quanitative or qualitative data)
    *mass
    *length
    *rate of matuirty
    *root growth
    *root pattern
    *color
    I am looking into nutrient test but that is a dodgy science at best and I don't hold much faith to it (the whole margine is better for you fiasco was nutrionists and can anyone say trans fats)
    Anywhoo, if you have question or need more info I will be sure to provide
    I am not trying to find a quick answer but even a point in the wrong or right direction would be helpful I will be checking every day usually around 5 please hurry
    Thanks
    grrr_4ever
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Hi, grrr_4ever!

Does the project have to be about carrots, please? I ask because there are other types of vegetables that are easier to grow.

Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 01:12 PM

I suggest Nantes.

Nantes Carrots :: Harvest to Table
    grrr_4ever Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 06:59 AM
    Well I suppose I could possibly use another item, can you suggest any(thanks clough)
    Also could you provide a more detailed reason as to why yo suggest nantes
    (thanks wondergirl)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 24, 2010, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by grrr_4ever View Post
    also could you provide a more detailed reason as to why yo suggest nantes (thanks wondergirl)
    You didn't give any criteria. I've always grown Nantes in my garden. They develop quickly with a good shape and taste very good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diabetes - re: my Son - and a mysterious mold type of growth in the toilet? [ 7 Answers ]

My teenage son has diabetes 1 for 2 years now. He is supposed to control the diabetes by injecting himself 4 times a day, etc. etc... He is very angry, and intentionally being very defiant and refusing to take care of his diabetes. Unfortunately it is out of control. The situation is very very...

How many carrots would you have to eat to get 5000 IU of Vitamin A ? [ 1 Answers ]

How many carrots would you have to eat to get 5000 IU of Vitamin A ?

What is a good investegatory project? [ 0 Answers ]

Hey whoever is reading this! You might think I'm an idiot but I really need help! What is a good botany investegatory project that can be done in like 3-4days? I owe you one

What can be a good Title for this science fair project? [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I need help in finding a good title for my science fair project the topic is Do your hand gestures indicate your personality type? Please help... :( :( please help I need the title by tomorrow please... if anyone has a idea at least write that down so I can at least come up with one...

Storing carrots [ 2 Answers ]

How do you store carrots over the winter? Mine go soft right away and then spoil. I throw more out than we use.

View more questions Search