Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellykat Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 12:02 AM
    I don't know how to help my boyfriend. His dad is dying free advice
    I met my partners Dad about 5 yrs ago and he was the most jovial, welcoming,take-in-anyone person you could ever meet. He has been in hospital, now a home for terminally ill people (7 months now). He has been given only a few weeks to live. He used to be such a big cuddly bear of a man. I see him now and I hurt so much because I know the end is near. He has wasted away. He refuses food. I think he WANTS to give up and ITS HAPPENING. My partner is his son and our relationship has been deteriorating since. We are not intimate anymore, we don't talk, we don't even cuddle. My partner (like his father and self admitted) does not allow me to have friends. Or talk to anyone at all. (LOL) If he sees this, Im ed!) All I want to do is know HOW to support him. All I want to do is leave the abuse, but how can I " things up, by leaving?" I guess Im really screwed. can't leave him now, iPlease Help
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 12:18 AM
    Hi, ellykat!

How was your relationship with the son before his dad started dying, please?

Thanks!

Jul 23, 2010, 12:23 AM
    Close. We had the most passionate relationship. We have seen each other through some extraordinary things.

Jul 23, 2010, 12:24 AM

Now its dead dead dead
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 12:26 AM
    So, is whatever "abuse" is going on, only because of how he has changed since his father is dying?
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 12:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ellykat View Post
    now its dead dead dead
    Okay. But, I'm assuming that you would like to keep it alive. Would that be correct?

Jul 23, 2010, 12:29 AM

If you allow me to quote the inevitable? Life goes on, (small cry) I can accept the beauty and passion of life. That's me. I used to say "if you want to know me, I am love."
    I don't say that anymore.

Jul 23, 2010, 12:35 AM

Sorry, I didn't get the last question. Um. Very much emotional not physical now the police have been involved again and again and again. I am only permitted to live in certain smaller and smaller circles. My best friend is his mother and that's it.

Jul 23, 2010, 12:38 AM

No. I told him and his Mum that I would like to get my own flat. Holy . Im too old for this , yet Im still here. I want o go.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 12:38 AM
    How long have you known him and his family, please?

I apologize for all the questions. But, it helps to get sufficient enough information in order for people to advise the best here.

Thanks!

Jul 23, 2010, 12:41 AM

Guess you gone too
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 12:43 AM
    I'm not gone. I was changing my options so that people can see that I'm online here. It's really late for me right now. And, sometimes it's best to move around the site being "cloaked" as it were...
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 12:44 AM
    Did you see my post #10?

Jul 23, 2010, 12:44 AM

Eine kleine

Jul 23, 2010, 12:47 AM

No, I don't know how to look

Jul 23, 2010, 12:50 AM

LOL U sound like undercover something. Why do you have do do what u said? I look where you ask me to
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 12:50 AM
    I don't know what "skin" for the site you're using. But for me, we're on page 2. So, you might need to go to the first page of the thread to read post #10.

Jul 23, 2010, 12:51 AM

Rock Island. Is that USA?
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 12:52 AM
    LOL U sound like undercover something. Why do you have do do what u said? I look where you ask me to
    Sometimes people who are regulars on the site can get involved "live" in more than one thread at a time. It can help to slow things down a bit by being "cloaked". At least that's one of the reasons for doing it.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 12:53 AM
    Rock Island. Is that USA?
    Yes. IL for Illinois is written next to Rock Island.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Country song about dad or grandfather dying? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the old country song about either a boys dad or grandfather dying and he's wondering how something so strong fell apart and died?

How to tell my husband his dad is dying? [ 8 Answers ]

My husband is currently stationed overseas and will be home in the next week or so. Unfortunately, his dad has stage 4 cancer and I will have to tell my husband (he doesn't know his dad is even sick) that his dad has only months to live. How do I do that? Thanks, Shannon

How to deal with dad who is dying of liver failure [ 2 Answers ]

My dad is 62, in end stages of liver failure, from cirhossis, just admitted him to hospice on Monday, this is so hard, I am exhausted its just my sister and I doing it all, we already lost our mom 10 years ago to breast cancer. I wanted to ask if there is anyone out there who has gone through this...

Ex Spouse Etiquette and my dad dying [ 2 Answers ]

The EX I recently lost my dad who had congestive heart failure. I was wondering what the etiquette is for an ex spouse for whom my dad did a lot. I don't care if he were to talk to me or anything, but he didn't even send a card of condolences to my mom. We were together for nearly 10 years and...

I'm dying to get help and don't know where to look. [ 8 Answers ]

Im really sorry if this is the wrong area to ask my question, but Im new to this forum and really need some help. Here's my problem: My computer constantly and, seemingly, for no reason crashes (restarts itself) I had this problem before a while back and someone I know looked at it, removed...

View more questions Search