Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confusedangel74 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 07:46 PM
    Multiple personalities?
    OK so I'm asking a lot of questions lately lol but I don't know these answers.

What are signs of people having mutiple personalities? Reason I ask, I'm talking to someone today on the phone everything is fine... not even 5mins later they call me back and it's a whole different person.. it's a person full of rage.. then several hours later back to the original person I talked to? So confused.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 08:58 PM
    Have you GOOGLED this yet?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 11:42 PM
    Hi, confusedangel74!

Also, is this someone whom you already know really well, please?

Thanks!
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 26, 2010, 11:55 AM

There are some good resources on the net:

Multiple Personality Disorder - Symptoms and Solutions

Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder): Signs, Symptoms, Treatment

NIMH · Home

Also, there may be very local resources available to you. Not knowing where you live, I will say that in most states there is a Mental Health Association and a toll free hot line. Here is the nationwide web site:
    Mental Health America: Welcome to Mental Health America

It is confusing, at times, having a friend who has multiple personalities. I have a neighbor who has this disorder. One thing I did was to join a local support group for families and friends of those with various mental health concerns. That really helped me become more aware of the cycles, the triggers, and the changes.

Blessings to you and your friend. Take care.

Jul 26, 2010, 02:37 PM

Thank you for your information with this, means a lot. I talked more to the person, and turns out its not multiple personalities, the person is bi polar
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2010, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedangel74 View Post
    Thank you for your information with this, means a lot. I talked more to the person, and turns out its not multiple personalities, the person is bi polar
    And have you tried to learn more about bipolar disorder?Are you trying to understand that illness?
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Jul 26, 2010, 05:37 PM

The NIMH and Mental Health America sites will have good information about bi-polar disorder.

The best to you and your friend.

Jul 26, 2010, 09:46 PM

I did a lot of research so far on it but I'll check the website too thank you much :)
    tambashmet Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Jan 13, 2012, 09:43 AM
    Well a lot of times bi-polar can be confused with DID (dissociative identity disorder) which is the new name for MPD. Bi-polar is a difficult disease. Any mental illness is, but my experiences in hospital with those individuals is that they have a unique struggle. I'm NOT down playing other illnesses. I promise. I guess if we all put our problems in a pile on the floor, in the end we'd take our own back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple personalities killing [ 13 Answers ]

Undefinedundefinedundefined :rolleyes: if a person with multiple personalities kills himself is it considered a homicide?

Country song about multiple personalities from 2000-2002 [ 1 Answers ]

There was a song several years ago about someone having multiple personalities. I know it was a country song & was recorded by a female or female group. It was released sometime between 2000 & 2002. Can anyone tell me the name of the song & who it's by?

Country song woman with multiple personalities [ 1 Answers ]

Title and artist of a country song about a woman with multiple personalities and confrting exboyfriend

Multiple Personalities disorder [ 1 Answers ]

I'm writing a story about a girl that suffers from multiple personalities. Any info on the subject would be helpful. :)

Cycle has Multiple Personalities [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here and I am hoping someone can help me. My soon to be husband and I (I am 30 and he is 35, we have no kids) have been trying to conceive for about 8 months now. I stopped taking birth control pills in January after taking them for 14 years (wasn't ready for baby and was taking...

View more questions Search