Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CanadaRho Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 06:12 PM
    Hearing muffled music
    When I lay down I hear what sounds like muffled music... no matter when I lay down its always there.. has anyone ever heard of this or have any idea what could cause this?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 22, 2010, 06:16 PM

What type of music are you hearing? Also have you had and dental work done lately?
    CanadaRho Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Just tones.. no no dental work lately
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 10:45 PM
    Hi, CanadaRho!

I do too. Have you had it checked by a doctor?

You also might want to click on the following link to a thread on this site to read the information that's there.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/hearin...ef-466271.html

I'm not saying that's what you have. Only that it might be a possibility. Best to have things checked by a physician.

Thanks!
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 12:50 PM

Another caus can be TMJ. Its caused by an alaignment of the jaw. Laying down can bring it on or make it worse. You might want ti investigate that avenue also.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
    I hadn't thought about the TMJ thing. I also have that very badly!

Temporomandibular joint disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 01:30 PM

Its often overlooked because it isn't very well understood. The reason being it varies so widely amongst those that have it. But the tinnitus is one of the symptoms. So it should be followed up and looked into.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Woke up with muffled hearing, no other symptons, use ear plugs, music headphones, [ 7 Answers ]

Dear All, I woke up this morning on my annual leave (typical) with deafness/muffled hearing to my right ear. :confused: I do not have any other symptons, although throughout the day I have felt a little sicky at times, but not sure if this is linked. I usually keep very well. I have just...

Muffled hearing [ 4 Answers ]

Hello and thank you in advance to any help, 2 weeks ago I woke up with muffled hearing. I took some Sudafed and cleaned my ears with Similsan ear cleaning drops. The problem got better but then came back. I saw a doctor. She checked my ears. No wax and my inner ear color was good so likely...

Muffled hearing [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday, on 05/03/07, around 2:30p.m. I was shooting guns with a friend of mine when at some point I removed my ear muffs to do something, and my friend not knowing I did so fired off one right after another 3 or 4 rounds about a foot away from my right side. But just before he started to shoot I...

View more questions Search