Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1finediva Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2003, 05:27 PM
    I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!
    I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half and every time we argue (really scary arguements) I tell him that I'm going to leave him cause our relationship is unhealthy. Then he tells me that he's going to shoot up my house & hurt my family if I leave him, he threatens my family is because he swore to me that he would never hit me. And I don't know what to do or who to tell cause if I tell the cops he going to do something crazy to hurt my family.PLEASE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING PLEASE TELL ME... FEEL FREE
    dwalex Posts: 69, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2003, 11:42 AM
    You must leave this man. Life with a violent man is not the future you deserve. Tell the police, tell your family, tell everyone what he has threatened. Listen to the police's advice on how to best protect your family, but LEAVE HIM!!

Best wishes,
    dwalex
    orb Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2003, 11:45 AM
    I knew someone (a girl) who was in a similar relationship with her boyfriend. He was by far the most aggressive dude I've ever heard of and he had a stranglehold on this girls life.

So she called up the cops and had them there while she moved everything out. Don't approach him before with this knowledge, because that gives him the ability to react without the police there to remind him of all the reprecusions of his actions.
    Vicky Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2003, 08:41 AM
    Honey,

Whether he is the actual violent type or not for someone to threatin another is not a normal dude to me.

Tell your family/friends and have an order of protection against him. Do this before you tell him what your doing. Believe me telling him will give him time to think about things and how to get to you. Remember, most men are violent when they know they put fear in their victims. Don't show fear and whatever you do, IGNORE HIM!! DON'T TALK TO HIM ON THE PHONE, DON'T ARGUE WITH HIM, STAY AWAY FROM HIM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE OTHERWISE YOUR FEEDING INTO HIS GAME.
    livingfunky Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Jul 11, 2003, 03:39 AM
    You should leave him asap, warn everyone around you about hs threats, put everyone on there guard, but I doubt he will carry them out, most times its because the person is insecure themselves, and scared of being alone that makes them bully peeps in to staying in a relationship,don't be bullied into staying,he has no right to make you feel unhappy.and don't be scared of his idol threats, I doubt he will carry them out. A friend of mine was with a guy like this,he threatened suicide, if she left him. He didn't carry his threat out, and a year down the line he's met another girl, and my mate is now out of his mind, be strong and good luck xxx
    schuylervj Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2003, 02:05 PM
    Get out; avoid him; but whatever you do, do NOT tell him! That is asking for trouble! This guy is clearly deranged, dangerously so, and you need to go to the police ASAP and apprise them of what is going on. You also need to change your phone number and cut off all contact with him; he is a loose cannon. Believe me, he will act on his threats unless you are careful NOW and get legal help NOW. You also need to get a restraining order...
    joannekay83 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 02:04 AM
    I soooooo understand what your going through... I'm scared of my boyfriend too. The last time I tried breaking up with him he said he was going to kill me.
    BetrayalBtCamp Posts: 307, Reputation: 63

Aug 16, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Contact your local battered women's shelter. They are there to help with situatios like this. They can help you with any legal steps you need to take where you live & tell you how to best protect yourself from him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search