Larry1958 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 01:28 PM
    Timing problems Troy Built Pony Lawn Tractor
    How do you set the timing on a troy built lawn tractor
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 22, 2010, 05:37 PM

Hi,
    You have a healthy flywheel key and the armature air gap set to 0.010-0.014".
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS I assume ignition here, not valve train.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy bilt 17.5 hp pony lawn tractor not starting [ 3 Answers ]

My 2005 Troy Bilt 17.5 HP lawn tractor will not start or even turn over. It has a new battery, and a one year old starter. It blew several fuses initailly now it will not even do that. My owners manual does not have a wiring diagram. It has not been sitting, last ran four days prior to problem and...

Troy Built Pony problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have an '07 troy built pony. It keeps burning the belts off. Seems to slip only when the pto is not engaged. There is no tension on the belt. The smoke is coming from the crank pulley.

Troy built pony tractor smoking [ 3 Answers ]

I have a troy built pony tractor about 2.5 years old, been used very little,yesterday while mowing it started blowing a tremendous amount of smoke from the exhaust while the blades were engaged I disengaged the blades and the smoke stopped, but if you engage the blades it smokes badly and the...

Troy built lawn tractor [ 2 Answers ]

Have a troy built lawn tractor. When you connect the battery to the cable the tractor tries to start can't make it stop running unless you disconnect the battery

Troy built lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have any tips regarding a drive belt that keeps coming off my troy built lawn tractor? :) The tractor is only 2 years old.

View more questions Search