Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kessell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 10:55 AM
    Are disability checks exempt from levys account
    Can a private party levy my acounts where only diasbility is my income in CA

Jul 22, 2010, 10:57 AM

I live on disability and my accounts were levied by private loan to my boyfriend can they do this in ca

Jul 22, 2010, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kessell View Post
    I live on disability and my accounts were levied by private loan to my boyfriend can they do this in ca
    I have been paying him for 3 years and ran out of money
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 22, 2010, 10:59 AM

You need to explain this in greater detail. Are you saying that your payments were attached because of a loan made to your boyfriend? Or was a joint bank account you have with your boyfriend seized as the result of a judgment against him?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax levys on social security checks [ 3 Answers ]

How long can the IRS hold out 15% on a SS check, our only income is from my husbands SS check 1420.00 mo. they are now taking 213.00 out, we oew back taxes from when we had a small business, the housing market fell out and we lost our home, we now have to survive off this, I'm just afraid, can...

Disability recipient exempt from paying child support [ 17 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a question. If a person is on SSI disability because they are considered bipolar are they exempt from paying child support? This question refers to Washington State. Thank you in advance.

Bank account seized. Received nationwide checks for claim (in account) can these be e [ 2 Answers ]

Small claims ct. seized bank account. Want to vacate nationwide claim checks for house repair from storm and vandalizim (can these be exempt funds?)

Social Security Disability Levys Response [ 1 Answers ]

Please understand that while SSD can not be directly garnished by your credit card company or a hospital, IT CAN BE ATTACHED BY CHILD SUPPORT, TAXES AND SOCIAL SERVICES.

View more questions Search