Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Dec 17, 2006, 10:13 AM
    Rainbow bread?
    Does anyone else remember Rainbow Bread? I remember it looked like all of the colors swirled out from the middle. It was made by a big corporate bakery (like Wonderbread or something). I would have been the early to mid 90's. I remember the commercials and I think I ate it a couple of times, but I can't seem to find anything on the Internet about it.

Anybody remember?

:o
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2006, 10:55 AM
    Yeah, I remember the ad on the push bar on the door of the little country store: "Rainbow is good bread"
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Dec 17, 2006, 04:13 PM
    I've never heard of it before. But I did a search for "rainbow bread" and received many results, including one with a recipe.

Dec 17, 2006, 05:48 PM
    Yeah, I've seen the recipes (which could be fun), but I was thinking more of the corporate version.
    jennaroo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 09:23 PM
    We sold it in the bake shop at Jewel Food store (Illinois) about 6-8 years ago. It came in pre-baked, we had to slice it. I could not say where it was produced. It was indeed cool!!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rawpotatoeater37
    Does anyone else remember Rainbow Bread? I remember it looked like all of the colors swirled out from the middle. It was made by a big corporate bakery (like Wonderbread or something). I would have been the early to mid 90's. I remember the commercials and I think I ate it a couple of times, but I can't seem to find anything on the Internet about it.

Anybody remember?

:o
    The recipe I used when I made it for my kids;
    1/2 c (1 stick) butter
    1 c sugar
    2 medium bananas
    2 c flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/4 ts salt
    1/4 c walnuts
    1/4 c choclate chips
    1/4 c marachino cherries cut and quartered
    Any food coloring of your choice
    Cream together in bowl butter and sugar, hand beat eggs into creamed mixture, set aside. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl, set aside. Mash bananas in small bowl, add flour mixture and bananas atlernately into batter mix and mix well. Add walnuts, choc. Chips and cherries to batter and stir well. Add a few drops of food coloring and just stir to make swirls.:cool: Put into well greased loaf pan, 350 degrees for 1 hour
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2007, 03:53 PM
    SOOOOORRRRRYYYYYYYYY, please forgive me, just like the memory and the taste in case someone was interested, didn't mean to annoy you!:D

Feb 3, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Oh, it's fine. I was just a little tired of finding the recipes.

Thanks though. I do think it would be really fun to make. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bread [ 4 Answers ]

Why does my sourdough bread always fall when I bake it. Drops by about a third; any Ideas as to how to prevent this? Many thanks, Reed

Leprechaun looking for his rainbow [ 20 Answers ]

There is a 1980s or early 90s move about a little person or leprechaun who gets lost in the woods. These two children find him and hide him from their parents plus throughout the movie he is trying not to lose his gold dust. He sings " It's raining, it's pouring"... in the movie. He then finds his...

Bread help! [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make good light yeast rolls? Love to have any bread making reciepes. How do I now if yeast is alive and active. My bread always turns out like rocks.

Pilot's rainbow [ 8 Answers ]

Can anyone explain the pilot's rainbow? Why, just prior to entering a cloud, is there a mirror image of the aircraft, with a rainbow surrounding it?

Banana bread [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please give me a recipe for banana bread without american weights and without nuts I have had one and lost it thanks -chryssie

View more questions Search