Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dtcsakany Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Reposession Of A Property
    My faher sold a property in Washington States as is and the buyer gave him a down payment with the agreement that the buyer would pay off the property with in 3 months. At this point the buyer has possession of the property and has not paid anything else on the property. What are the steps to repossession of the property?
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Dec 17, 2006, 10:53 AM
    I certainly hope that your father had the buyer execute a note, that is secured by either a Deed of Trust, a Realty Mortgage, or a Contract For Deed. Each of these instruments has different procedures to effect a Foreclosure or a Forfeiture (in a Contract For Deed). I believe that your dad should consult a good real estate attorney.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Dec 17, 2006, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dtcsakany
    My faher sold a property in Washington States as is and the buyer gave him a down payment with the agreement that the buyer would pay off the property with in 3 months. At this point the buyer has possession of the property and has not paid anything else on the property. What are the steps to repossession of the property?
    Get an attorney... Even Realtors who want "deals to work" know that allowing occupancy prior to closing is a BAD IDEA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property [ 1 Answers ]

How does my husband add my name to property

Mobile Home reposession [ 11 Answers ]

My husbands parents, own a mobile home. Last year, his mother, was in the hospital for one month, for heart failure and respitory failure. She was also in a coma. His father is on social security and can no longer pay for the mobile home. They are currently 3 months behind of the payments. The...

Mobile home reposession [ 1 Answers ]

From PM:

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

Property [ 5 Answers ]

I came across a deal in PA which I'm not sure about. The gentleman is about to go belly up and the bank is ready to take the property. He had govt. grants which help him out with the mortgage. The realtor said I could simply take over he's mortgage (under his name) but have the title (ownership) of...

View more questions Search