Ask
    Clementine49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 05:40 PM
    Argument with fiancé about wedding date
    My fiancé wants to move the date so we argued, I'm sad, please help
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 11:27 AM

Is there a reason why he wants to move it?

He did not call of the wedding,perhaps there is a compromise?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 22, 2010, 12:34 PM

Why does he want to move it?

Why don't you want to move it?

There's nothing to be sad about... you just have to find the common ground.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 07:58 AM
    If you are old enough to get married, and be in an equal partnership, where you are heard and respected, you say you are just 'sad', why are you not mad as he** and still in negotiations to solve this problem.

I don't know how angry you are, or why the date of marriage is so significant, nor why each of you can't agree on it.

But, I can tell you if you can't even agree on that much, what are you going to do when it comes time to decide something far more important, like what's for dinner, burgers or tube steaks.

I'm being a bit sarcastic here. This is such a petty problem. Maybe stick around and read what you can on marriage threads, and the stickies at the top of the marriage section, and see just what you can learn about relationship priorities.
    TruthSayer0122 Posts: 109, Reputation: 18

Jul 28, 2010, 02:07 PM
    You should add more info. Are you mad because he is trying to play games?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2010, 08:06 PM

Marriage 101 - you have to both learn to communicate with each other. It's not clear from your post whether he is getting cold feet or just wants a different day on the calendar. Is it a different date he wants, or no date, or an unclear date?

If he's not ready, he's not ready - don't force him. If you can't wait, you need to move on and find someone who is ready to move on with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fiancŽ called off the wedding just the day before the Wedding [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I dated my Ex-( not used to say that yet) Fiancé for about 3 years. He always had issue with making decisions( any) and commitment( something in his childhood) but he knew clearly that I wanted marriage. When I brought up the topic, he freaked out and we had a lot of arguments over it as I...

Not sure how to deal with my ex-fiance walking out on me 3 months before the wedding [ 177 Answers ]

Hi, I need some help and advice. Me and my finace were to be married in 3 months time, we have been together for almost 9 years... everything was going well.. like any relationship we have had our ups and downs... but generally I would say ioverall the 9 years have been good years... we were saving...

My fianc? Has postponed our wedding for further studies.. should I wait? [ 39 Answers ]

Multiple threads merged. Please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread. I am 34 and my fiancé 23, she is way beyond her years in maturity. We got engaged in December and decided to get married in June the following year. When we met she told me that she still has to...

Wedding attire for me and my fianc? [ 1 Answers ]

I need advice on wedding attire for me and my fiancé. I am 5'8, slender and blonde. He is 5'7, stocky and red-headed. Will wearing a white tuxedo on him make him look too chunky? What style of dress can I wear that won't make me look so tall next to him? What about shoes for me? We are in our...

Unsound argument and invalid argument [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between an unsound argument and an invalid argument? Give an example of each. When you are building an argument for an issue that is significant to you, do you think it is more important to be sound or valid? Why?

View more questions Search