Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmasters1975 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 03:13 PM
    Default on bankruptcy in ontario canada
    I defaulted on a bankruptcy because of being an alkoholic I am now straight but don't know what to do about the bankruptcy
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 21, 2010, 03:15 PM

You have to consult with your bankruptcy attorney. You must have had one at the bank, or were assigned one by them.

Tick

Jul 21, 2010, 03:22 PM
    The trustee said I have to pay all funds in one payment so I need to know if there is a way to pay this in payments my trustee does not seem interested
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 21, 2010, 03:31 PM

I can see why he isn't interested. He probably thinks you are going to default again. We can't determine any arrangement you want to make. Every bankruptcy is different you, unfortunately screwed up. Now it starts all over again.

If he says in one payment, that's what he means, one payment. If you don't, then you are going to have all of your creditors hounding you for the rest of your days. Get the picture?

Jul 21, 2010, 05:11 PM
    Oh I do thanks
    Iknowalotofstuff Posts: 144, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 04:01 PM

The bankruptcy court in your jurisdiction has a copy of or can get a copy of your bankruptcy file. It will contain a document called a s. 170 report that outlines exactly what duties you did not fulfill. You can arrange to have those duties completed without the help of your trustee. The relief you get will depend on your circumstances.

If you have a question, post it and I will try and answer.

Google: "take control .. dont be controlled" and see what he has to say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Default judgement credit card in ontario [ 5 Answers ]

I was in a common law relationship for 9 yrs in Ontario. My spouse was the one that made all the money but we were using my credit cards. Over the years Bank of Montreal raised my limit to over $25,000 (I did not ask for this, nor did I qualify). My spouse was using this card for business and...

SOL Ontario Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I had lent my boyfriend 1800$, we broke up July 2006. I have email confirmation of small sums of repayment ($200) and email conversations of me asking for repayment. In August 2007 I have an email outlining a repayment schedule, and have not received anymore money since August 2007....

*URGENT* Default on Secured Debt - Ontario, Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there, I'm hoping you can provide some advice. Last week I received a call from a collection agency regarding an outstanding debt. The only info he had was the amount and the finance company. Based on this, I believe it is for a secured car loan I defaulted on in 2005. Note that I also...

View more questions Search