Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samtylo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 11:37 AM
    How can I hook my 2nd TV to my hd dvr receiver downstairs without a second receiver?
    I have a new construction house with networking outlets in my home. I am trying to hook my upstairs TV to my downstairs TV that has a HD DVR receiver. Splitting the cables doesn't seem to work, I don't want a second receiver upstairs I am content to watch the channel that is on downstairs. Help!
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 06:17 PM

There are many ways that this can be done. If you wish to get HD picture quality, and there's ethernet ran to both TVs, then you could split the HD signal out from the HD-DVR into an HDMI-over-LAN box, and run ethernet to the other TV back into another HDMI-over-LAN box.

The least expensive method would be to run coax out from the box to the other TV. This will not provide you the best picture quality though.

If everything isn't yet finished off, or you have access to conceal wires, the previous suggestion of coax would work. Otherwise you can get multi-conductor with the proper tools and ends, and run component video with stereo audio to the other TV. This would also give HD picture quality, but not of the high quality you would get with the HDMI-over-LAN solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up DVR to DVD recorder, to receiver, to HDTV [ 3 Answers ]

I've been looking for the exact answer to my specific problem, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I hope someone can help me. Here's my equipment: Comcast Scientific Atlanta HDDVR cable box (8300HD, 1 HDMI out, component Out 1, composite Out 2, digital audio) Samsung LCD HDTV (LNT4065F,...

Hook DVD to Dish Network DVR /Receiver [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older TV, and just got the Dish Network w. DVR hooked up at my house; however, I cannot figure out how to hook up my DVD player. The Dish Network Manual did not cover this topic. Help! Thanks.

How do I hook up a PVR/DVR to a coolsat receiver [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a LCD HD TV and am in the process of hooking it up to a Coolsat receiver and would ideally like to have DVR/PVR capability too. So can anyone let me know the choices of equipment that I need to buy that work with this setup? The coolsat is a coolsat 5000 but I might upgrade it to...

View more questions Search