Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2006, 08:19 AM
    Dream Interpretation: Teeth
    Hi there,

I hear this is quite a common dream..

I have these reoccurring dreams of my teeth crumbling and falling out. Sometimes it is just that the teeth become really lose in the dream and start falling out. It has been happening a lot to me lately. I always had them every few months or so but I am wondering if this relates in any way to a recent break-up I had with my ex of 3 years which happened 3 1/2 months ago given the fact that the dream is happening more frequently, twice a week.

The dream is not pleasant and you usually wake up checking if your teeth are still all there.

Is it some sort of anxiety thing?

As I say, I have heard that this is one of the most common dreams that people have but it would be interesting to know what meaning is possibly behind it.

Thanks..
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Dec 17, 2006, 09:11 AM
    Hi Geoff

Your correct in saying that this is a very common dream, the trouble with this kind of dream is that it stays with you in your head a lot after the dream... The teeth part of being lose or falling out or crumbling can be due to anxiety, about your appearance and the way in which others view you as a person and things about you.

People see there teeth also as a way of flirting with others and kissing etc, the dream can also be because you are worrying about getting older, or you may have issue's to do with power of yourself going on in your mind... It can also be due to having problems trying to convay your view points across to others. Have you had anything happen resent months when this dream happens to do with you feeling secure and safe?

Hope this helps a little, I have been reading books on dreams for a long time:)
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2006, 10:15 AM
    The only significant event that has happened in recent months is the break-up of my relationship with my ex of 3 years who I was engaged to. Like I say, I have always had infrequent dreams of this nature since the age of perhaps 18/19 and I am now 26. The frequency was every 4 - 5 months I guess...

Now though I have been getting them every week, perhaps once or twice.. Maybe the very fact that I am thinking about the dream makes it repeat itself but because I have experienced this dream in the last 8 years on a relatively infrequent basis, I cannot help but think that it is symbolic in some way..

Who knows what goes on in the human brain... LOL

Dec 17, 2006, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    The only significant event that has happened in recent months is the break-up of my relationship with my ex of 3 years who I was engaged to. Like I say, I have always had infrequent dreams of this nature since the age of perhaps 18/19 and I am now 26. The frequency was every 4 - 5 months I guess...

Now though I have been getting them every week, perhaps once or twice.. Maybe the very fact that I am thinking about the dream makes it repeat itself but because I have experienced this dream in the last 8 years on a relatively infrequent basis, I cannot help but think that it is symbolic in some way..

Who knows what goes on in the human brain...LOL
    The break up with your girlfriend could play apart in why you keep getting this dream, I think it would be hard for you to have the dream just by thinking about it.

Did you have this dream when you where with your girlfriend or before you got with your girlfriend?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2006, 05:42 PM
    Geoffersonairplane,

Teeth loose or falling out signifies a transition of maturity and growth, and perhaps some apprehension about growing older.
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2006, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nwsflash
    Did you have this dream when you where with your gf or before you got with your gf ??
    Yes, I did get the dream before I met her but also while I was in the relationship with her. It was however infrequent, perhaps once every few months while I was with her and the same before I met her from age 18/19 to age 26..

Now, I seem to be getting the dream once a week.. :eek:

Dec 18, 2006, 10:56 AM
    Yes, I did get the dream before I met her but also while I was in the relationship with her. It was however infrequent, perhaps once every few months while I was with her and the same before I met her from age 18/19 to age 26..

Now, I seem to be getting the dream once a week..:eek:
    That's not a nice dream to be getting often, once a week man :confused:

A number of psychologists say tooth troubles in dreams can be related to anger, with a dreamer acting out the clenching of there teeth, a number of psychologists also believe the dream reflects anxiety about appearance. This dream can also be due to people worried about castration, but this dream is also as common in females as it is with males so tend not to see the castration link !

Do you feel that any of that in any way this could be true of yourself ?
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Dec 18, 2006, 01:24 PM
    Y'all could possibly be right about the interpretation of Geoff's dreams. However, a psychiatrist I had when I was 18 just waved his hand as if to say "nonsense" when I said I had a particular dream. So I don't give any weight to dreams at all. Dr. Joyce Brothers put it nicely in a column she wrote yrs. Ago about dreams being a garbage can for excess thoughts & feelings in the brain. Those dreams get discharged so as to clear the brain again.
    Now Newsflash may have the interpretation of those thoughts & feelings r/t your life experiences.
    Will those dreams go away? May I suggest keeping it physical. Buy a $1 sports mouthguard & wear it for a few months( at night). You're working in reverse,so to speak. See what
    Happens & if anything changes.
    Change your thinking too. Be absolutely joyful & thankful when you wake from that kind of dream, that your teeth ARE intact.
    If you become like me, you'll come to appreciate & remember only the good dreams.
    I'll be praying for you too.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Other Perspectives ~

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/..._Out/id/243517
    TheDreamDudes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Hi there,

I hear this is quite a common dream..

I have these reoccurring dreams of my teeth crumbling and falling out. Sometimes it is just that the teeth become really lose in the dream and start falling out. It has been happening a lot to me lately. I always had them every few months or so but I am wondering if this relates in any way to a recent break-up I had with my ex of 3 years which happened 3 1/2 months ago given the fact that the dream is happening more frequently, twice a week.

The dream is not pleasant and you usually wake up checking if your teeth are still all there.

Is it some sort of anxiety thing??

As i say, I have heard that this is one of the most common dreams that people have but it would be interesting to know what meaning is possibly behind it.

Thanks..
    Hi there,

Most often = "Lack of Communication"

Cheers,
    Nicole
    The Dream Dudes
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2006, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamDudes
    Hi there,

Most often = "Lack of Communication"

Cheers,
    Nicole
    The Dream Dudes

Not sure if that fits in with me as an individual... I am an excellent communicator and always express myself well.

Back to the drawing board I think..

Thanks for the response though, I value everyone's ideas.. :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2006, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    This was excellent..

Gave me a lot to think about regarding these dreams..

They seem to have stopped though over the last week..

Perhaps just a brief period of anxiety and uncertainty after my recent break-up caused me to have a surge of these kind of dreams.

I recommend looking at that website link that Bluerose supplied as it has some useful perspectives relating to this kind of common dream.
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Jan 15, 2007, 07:39 AM
    My mum has a book about dreams, I will try to remember to check it out.
    Doctorbob Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Greetings! Losing teeth in dreams is usually associated with fears of losing one's physical or sexual attractiveness. A very common dream, particularly when things are awry in intimate relationships. Peace

Doctorbob
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorbob
    greetings! losing teeth in dreams is usually associated with fears of losing one's physical or sexual attractiveness. a very common dream, particularly when things are awry in intimate relationships. peace

doctorbob
    Really, and I always thought I was a real stud.. LOL

Just kidding, that is really interesting stuff.. I love dream interpretation!
    RazorBlade Kiss Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Hello.. Teeth Falling out in a dream is a sign of Stress
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2007, 09:20 PM
    GEOFF!!

I swear I don't ever remember having dreams about teeth until you posted this!

Now I have been having dreams about me grinding my teeth?!

I don't know if I started doing it because I saw it posted, or if I'm getting older, or if it just a coincidence. Either way I think it's interesting.
    wap Posts: 177, Reputation: 54

Feb 6, 2007, 02:39 AM
    The dentist said I am grinding my teeth, I had to pay £50 for a shield that I am supposed to wear at night. I looked in my mum's book about dreaming about teeth, but it said something about feeling unwell/being ill. Don't think that is very accurate! Maybe it's you getting rid of the old teeth, as in the old parts of your life.
    hooahguardgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 08:08 AM
    I have been studying dream interpretation for many years.

In some circles, the mouth is considered your household, consisting of those close to you, represented by the teeth. Now think of what happens when you lose your teeth.. . new ones grow in.. . So if you are having these dreams when you are with someone, it may signify that someone in your life will no longer be there, either breaking up, or a death. If you have these dreams after a breakup, it could mean that you have accepted that they are gone and you are ready to remove them from your life and allow someone else to fill that spot. Maybe it could mean that you are ready to start dating again?
    dsandifer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 04:54 PM

I read your dream about your teeth falling out. I really appreciate the insight on this dream because it has me dumfounded. In my reoccuring dreams which just started the past few weeks, the dream has actually wolen me up with my head over the side of my bed spitting out (in my dream) a million liitle pieces of my teeth, just spitting and spitting. Im going through a process of getting off an opiate addition and I'm wondering what you think. Please e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you so much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a dream interpretation [ 9 Answers ]

I had a dream where I was sitting in this room and there are people beside me but I don't remember there faces. I see a door open and I ask the person beside me "whats in there". Then I am walking into this room, and someone comes in after me and shuts the door. Now it is like I am on the ceiling...

Dream interpretation [ 6 Answers ]

I have this recurring dream, I get it maybe once or twice a month, and I've had it for a few years. I just had it again last night, so I was reminded that I had wanted to post a question about it here. I went to a girl's boarding school for several years during my teens, up until I graduated....

I need a Dream Interpretation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've been dreaming quite a bit about this boy in my class who obviously likes me. I'll call him Josh. Yet its getting weird, because I'd never hook up with Josh. (its got to do with my religion). I don't really remember the exact details of the dreams but it started as like a...

Dream interpretation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I had a dream last night... yet I have no clue what it could mean. I have this huge fish tank at home... in my dream I dreamt that the smallest gold fish kept jumping out of the aquarium. Every time it jumped out, it didn't look like it was suffocating but it looked fine... every time I...

View more questions Search