Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Horton2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 09:38 AM
    About not enough disk space on C drive
    Hello ! I want to ask some question about my laptop on C drive that it is not enough disk space and can not install new update from Microsoft.But I want to use my old window vista.I had a whole window backup from C drive.Do you think can I install it on a new hard drive and new partition on another drive.Please help !
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 21, 2010, 10:15 AM
    Are you saying you are backup windows onto your C: drive?

Either way it's time you did some house keeping and moved data OFF C:
    Horton2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 10:31 PM
    Yes,sure.I mean I had a full backup from C: drive that can I install on other HDD and new partition. Have you tried it before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pro's & Con's of "Compress drive to save disk space" [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everybody I have a question about "Compress drive to save disk space" checkbox that's located in the general tab of the Local Disk properties. I just discovered this feature and decided to save some disk on my laptop but when I applied this feature. A progress bar dialog box appeared and...

Disk stuck in e drive. Tray opens but no disk. [ 3 Answers ]

I inserted a CD-RW to burn a copy of photos. The tray opens but there is no disk. The disk is stuck inside the drive. How can I retrieve it? Thanks, JKlopp

Free Disk Space [ 1 Answers ]

My computer says that I have low disk space on RECOVERY(D): and whenever I use disk cleanup it barely frees up any disk space. Is there any other way because I have a lot of updates and a few upgrades I need but can't without space.

Drive not ready. Insert boot disk into drive A: [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently trying to upgrade from windows 98 to windows xp. I have upgraded the RAM to 256. When I reboot I get "Drive not ready.. Insert Boot Disk into Drive A:". I have gone into the BIOS and have changed the boot sequence to boot first from the hard drive then the cd rom. It still...

Need Disk Space - where has it all gone? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm running out of disk space on my C: drive and I need to know what I can delete. I have cleaned up all the temporary files from the internet. I've also move most of my programs to other drives on my PC. I can't figure out where all the disk space has gone. I've already installed another...

View more questions Search