Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ben221 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jul 21, 2010, 06:10 AM
    Stuck with job application form
    Hi I'm 16 and I've just received an application form from a hotel which I applied to, but I don't understand some of the things they are asking me on the application

1: Endorsements: yes or no
    2:Are you involved in any activity which might limit your availability to work or your working hours?
    3:Are you subject to any restrictions or covenants which might restrict your working activities?

What do these three questions mean?^^^
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2010, 09:31 PM

I am not to sure about all of these but number 2 is referring to if you have activities that will interfere with work, examples : Sports, lessons, etc.

I think number three is kind of like.. things you strongly believe in or an oath... Like certain people have a faith were they won't do anything on a certain day, so you would need that day off.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 12:37 AM
    Hi, ben221!

The endorsement section on your particular job application probably means something about the following:

Quote is from Endorsements (work, business, study) for South African immigrants, Spouses and Life partners
    What is an endorsement?

An endorsement is made to an existing permit or applied for simultaneously – for example a Life Partner moving to South Africa applies for a life partner permit with a work endorsement to enable her to take a job she has been offered. The same would apply if she was looking to set up a business or study.

To get an endorsement you must be the holder of or applying for a spousal or life partner permit.
    Basically, it's something added to a work permit that would allow a person to work in certain situations. If you had an endorsement, you would know it.

Question 2. Emily94 gives a couple of good examples. Further, for full-time work, employers will be more likely to hire people who are able to work full-time with maybe some flexibility, if the starting and stopping times to the work day might have need of being varied some. A couple of other examples of activies that might limit a persons availability to work at a job would be having another job and/or religious activities in which the person feels an obigation to participate.

Question 3. I think that Emily94 is right on with that one!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regarding ITIN application form [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am in H1 since 2007. My wife has joined me this year in June. I want to apply ITIN number for her and need some clarification. Below are the questions, request you to reply 1) Can I apply the ITIN number for my wife now? 2) Which option like a, c,d,e,f,g,h I have to choose. I...

Visa application form to stay in uk [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting married this year and my boyfriend is egyptian and I am english,I am working full time and own my own house.what proof and documents do we need to show the british embassy so that are visa application form can be succesfull,as I want my husband to be come back with me to the uk.please...

Portuguese passport Application Form [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to obtain a passport application form, electronically, without having to visit the embabsy in London? I have a portuguese passort and need to apply for one for my spouse.

Job application [ 15 Answers ]

When the job application asks" Are you a convicted felon" what do you say?

View more questions Search