Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cooky44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 04:07 AM
    Heppa law violated BY THE state of nc. Can I find a lawyer outside of the state
    Law enforcement illegally searched my home and found who my dr. was and involved dss who in turn faxed my dr. saying she had authorization to get my medical records and he believed them and sent my records to them which she had no consent I need a lawyer outside of nc to represent me {phone # removed}
    cooky44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2010, 04:09 AM
    I need a lawyer outside nc to handle my heppa law who do you recommend to me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 21, 2010, 04:17 AM

First its HIPAA. Second, its not clear whether HIPAA has been violated at all. Third, your problem is criminal law, not HIPAA. You need to deal with what you claim was an illegal search of your home, not with the fact that your doctor gave up your info.

HIPAA provides penalties against a medical practitioner who reveals info about diagnosis and treatment to a third party without authorization. If your doctor received a fax from a state agency requesting your records, I doubt if a HIPAA review would sanction him in any way. So forget HIPAA and I would also forget going after your doctor.

Why do you think there was an illegal search? Why would the state use DSS to get your medical records? What was done with these records? There are too many questions here for us to help further.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 21, 2010, 05:33 AM

Please do not start a new thread for the same issue. Your duplicate post has been removed. Use the Answer This Question options to post follow-up information. If we feel this should be moved to the Criminal Law forum we will do that for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find a law that was passed in 1996 in city of Dayton, or State of Ohio [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to know how to find the exact text of a law that was passed in Montgomery County, or the City of Dayton, Ohio or the State of Ohio. I don't know which. I know the law was passed in 1996. It's called the Vickie West Law. It's about a prostitue who has been HIV positive since 1993 and...

What if you violated interstate compact and the sending state va pick you uo from nc and [ 1 Answers ]

Well my friend was on interstate compact with va but he was in nc and they came and pick him up and took him back to va and said he violated his probation and he had like a 105 years on probation for grand theft larceny when he was 19 now he is 35 so what do u think would happen do u think they...

My 21 yr old son violated unsupervised probation in one state, hasn't told them yet.. [ 1 Answers ]

OK... My21 yr old son... was put on supervised probation, a few months ago.. (stealing can of beer,and running from police.. ) Was given special permission to go to another state to live with his dad and finish college there. Had to report to prob officer after arriving in different state and...

Drug evidence gathered after an arrest that violated state law. [ 21 Answers ]

Supreme Court Rules To Support Drug Evidence Gathered During Improper Arrests - America Talks Back, News Supreme Court Rules To Support Drug Evidence Gathered During Improper Arrests OK. Now I am confused by this one. Could someone explain to me what this really means? Does it mean that state...

View more questions Search