Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SpongeBobPants Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 06:45 PM
    Why does 12v deep cycle battery continuously accept charge
    My 12V deep cycle marine battery continuously keeps accepting maximum charge of 25A from my Smart Charger. I have left it on charge overnight and it still keeps accepting a charge of 25A - The case gets hot and there is a strong odor of fumes. When removing the charger this battery seems to keep approx 12.7V -- I tested the charger on my car battery and it seems to work fine ( amps dropping and eventually the LED shows FULL. Why is this happening? Have I cooked this battery?
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Sep 13, 2010, 04:55 PM
    It sounds like the batt. Could be toast. But the true test ? Put a load on the batt. Can it maintain voltage and run out its duty cycle ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still looking to buy online A23, 12v battery for ceiling fan/light remote control [ 1 Answers ]

Recently had wonderful remote controls by Harbor Breeze installed. Model # RCB-103L. However, require very small 12v battery, looks like a AAA battery but about half the length and high voltage.

Inverter and deep cycle battery sizing calculation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a combine load of 1400watts, I want to determine the inverter and deep cycle battery required to carry my load for the period of 10hrs a day.

BEST way to charge deep cycle 12V batteries for longest life? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best method of charging 12V deep cycle marine batteries to prolong life? I have been using a 15 amp on board charger and a 15 amp trickle charge I have used for years on several boats. Now I have run through 7 batteries in a 5 battery system in 4 years and the dealer says my charging...

DC deep cycle battery, AC wattage on inverter etc. [ 17 Answers ]

Hello again. Long time, no speak. I have a buddy that needs to put a battery bank into an old house boat he is fixing up. And I've had a heck of a time finding a calculation that'll allow a person to figure out AC wattage, that'll drain DC deep cycle batteries, with X amp hours. I've found online...

Can a 12V 240AMP battery power a 12VDC motor? [ 2 Answers ]

I know: Watts = Volts X Amps, but I need to know if I can use a 12V battery, 240Amps to power a water pump that's 12VDC/65Watts.

View more questions Search