Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 08:48 PM

Its from Drs Foster and Smith..

They don't ship outside US.. :( Canada doesn't get anything cool :P

Don't you live close to a petsmart? Or pet store that carries fish? You can always ask who they're supplier is. I know when I worked at Petsmart, we got all our fish from a fishery in Fl.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 09:12 PM

Canada is always the last to get cool things :( I only
    Have like "mom and pop" kind of pet stores around here.. They have guppys, goldfish, tetras, boring small (or ugly) fish. I'll have to wait until the next time I'm in the city over.. They have petsmart, petland, pet this pet that pet everything... I'm sure I'll find something :p
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2010, 12:14 AM

The mom and pop shops only carry what sells.. I'm sure if you talk to them they might order some fish for you.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2010, 08:46 AM

I talked to The owner yesterday, he said there fish come from locals... Supposivly they have this thing where if you bring in your fry they will give you store credit... They don't get it from a supplier :( most the other pet shops around I won't even walk into. There animals are always dead it smells horrible and the owner is kind of a jerk.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2010, 09:43 AM

Oh that's cool. I know of some stores around my area that do that also. One lady made a lot of money breeding angelfish!

Well, good luck in your search for Africans.. The website I posted still will give you info on the different types of Africans and which fish are compatible with the others.. There are two lakes in Africa these guys come from.. and it actually does make a difference with compatibility. These guys are pretty wicked, even though they are vegetarians ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2010, 10:44 AM

Haha, I hope I can find some, I have contacted a few breeders in my area by a local classified ad website... some of them I don't think they know what they are doing (One girl told me her's live with guppy's,goldfish, and molly's all in the same 30 gallon tank and there is never any fights.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fresh Water Lakes in US [ 4 Answers ]

What are the only two fresh water lakes completely within the United States that are larger than Lake Okeechobee. And where are they located?

Fresh water Angelfish [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if my 47 gallon tall, 18 inch long fish tank was too small to house 3 pretty large Angelfish, 1 small Ram, and 1 baby shark with Red fins? HELP. If so what should I do? I don't want to go out and buy another fish tank.

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone within or adjacent to the rain forest [ 2 Answers ]

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone in the rain forest

View more questions Search