Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SIMBRIAL Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 05:44 PM
    Benefit open house
    I have been to an open house and I liked the place. Am I entitled to get a "discount" from the developer on the listing price as I was not accompanied by any broker?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 05:55 PM

You are not "entitled" to anything, you can ask and/or you ask anything you want in a offer to buy
    SIMBRIAL Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMBRIAL View Post
    I have been to an open house and I liked the place. Am I entitled to get a "discount" from the developer on the listing price as I was not accompanied by any broker?
    :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 20, 2010, 07:09 PM

Buying real estate has always been a negotiation. The seller has an asking price and the buyer makes an offer. It doesn't matter to the seller whether you were accompanied by a broker or not. A seller has often entered into a contract with a broker or sales agent (who may have run the event). Therefore, the agent would be entitled to a commission on ANY sale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Open House [ 1 Answers ]

What expense account should open house catering go to? It was like Publicity, but I am not sure that is appropriate.

Query on housing loan tax benefit for house outside US. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know if I have reached a correct place on ask me, nevertheless giving a try. I am earning salary in US. I am planning to buy a house outside US (specifically, in India). For this, I plan to take a loan. Firstly, can I avail of salary tax benefits when buying a house outside US. ...

Water pressure low everywhere in the house when two things are open! [ 14 Answers ]

Hi- I bought a 1984 house and we use city water. When I'm outside watering my lawn and someone inside the house flushes the toilet or takes a shower, the water pressure drops significantly to almost nothing. If our washer starts up and I try to wash my hands in the bathroom sink the...

Daughters grad open house who to invite. [ 8 Answers ]

I wrote this once but somereason it didn't submit. So here goes. My ex left appox 9 yrs ago for another woman. My daughter that is now graduating was adopted by him the only father she knows. She seldom visits there claiming she can't stand his wife and her"evil daughter"She wanted her dad to come...

How do I correct open grounds without rewiring my house? [ 2 Answers ]

I just had an inspection done on my older 1950's home in Atlanta Ga. The inspector said that I have open grounds on most outlets in the home and they must all me fixed. They have one black wire, one white wire, and no ground wire. Is there a way I can make them up to code with out rewiring...

View more questions Search