Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris_inos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 11:45 PM
    Belts... deck...
    I own a Yard Machine from MTD... 15 HORSE POWER, 42 inches... yardmachine
    Model No. 13A6672G129... and my constant problem iw with belts.

1. what would be the correct/appropriatge belt for this particular model?

2. whenever I changed belt (PURCHASED FROM HOME DEPOT)... claimed to be the appropriate belt... the belt did not last long... it would work for about 3-4 hours and break loose.
    a. the belt gets longer (lengthened) and got out of the pulley... thereby refusing
    To cut.
    Or
    b. the belt might be used (eaten/gets thinner) on one side more than the other side..
    And eventually will disengage complete from the pulley... I checked the alignment
    Of the pulley and they appear to be in line (in the neutral position... blades do not
    Engage

c. at the back of the belt (at its widest point).. opposite to the inner potion of thebelt into the pulley.. there are traces that appeqar that the belt is hitting (friction) at some point and I was not able to locate where.
    d. I am using about three belts per month.

Appreciate anysuggestion to the above problems''
    Thanks

Chris
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2006, 08:54 PM
    What the deck uses to keep the belt from popping off is belt keepers... and could be overlapping one...
    Also check to see if ALL the pulleys move freely... should keep spinning for a second or two after you fling them around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are Interstate truck drivers federally mandated to wear seat belts? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the correct site to ask this Question, if it is here goes, if not please direct me to One who could answer this. Are truck drivers who travel interstate federally mandated To wear seat belts while driving their trucks? Is there a weight clause with...

18HP 44" Craftsman rider - eating drive belts! [ 6 Answers ]

I just munched my second drive belt last week. :mad: Now my mower is stranded in an acre of growing grass, getting taller by the minute! Before I drop another $30 on a belt, any ideas on adjustment? It seems really loose when the brake/clutch pedal is engaged and I've had to monkey with the...

Nissan Altima Timing Belts [ 5 Answers ]

Does the 2001 Nissan Altima have a timing belt or a timing chain and what is the required maintenance for it?

17.5 Murray riding mower 3 blade deck belts [ 5 Answers ]

I have this riding mower and need to know the # for the blade engage belt. The one on there is too big..

View more questions Search