Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 07:46 AM
    President elevates his personal chef to food czar
    Oops I mean the 'Senior Policy Adviser for Health Foods Initiatives'.

You won't believe what Obama's cooking up now ...

President Obama has been convinced to spend $400 million a year on "healthy foods" in low-income neighborhoods as well as revise – at a cost of $10 billion – a federal plan to provide food to poor children in school.
    Such an assembly of programs "no doubt requires a trusted senior policy adviser – like Kass – who is an expert in healthy cuisine," Judicial Watch said.
    This of course is a Michelle thingy. When Russian President Medvedev came to town the President didn't have his chef cook them up a healthy meal . He took him to Ray's Hells Burgers. So what does that say about chef Sam Kass' cooking ?

$10 billion to revise a plan that is already working .hmmm This price tag is of course the unreported aspects of the Michelle Obamas 'healthy foods initiatives' that the press never tires of reporting about .

Free government cheese is out... free government Kobe beef and arugula is in.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 07:50 AM

Have you ever had a kobe beef burger with arugula on it? I rarely eat meat but I have had one and it was so good it almost made me cry.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:04 AM

Hello tom:

I thought you righty's understood investment... $10 Billion invested into our children's diet will reap $100 Billion in reduced health care costs - not to mention happier lives for our kids.

Hell, if WorldNetDaily can make up numbers, why can't I?

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hell, if WorldNetDaily can make up numbers, why can't I?
    excon
    The article quotes Glen Beck as a source. LOL!
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:15 AM

Dispute the facts if you can NK
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:16 AM
    No, no, I'd rather you continued posting. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:23 AM

Because you can't so you nitpick on the source linked .
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:29 AM

EX if WND isn't a sufficient source will you accept Investors Business Daily... or is that too over the top also ? Sorry ,the Slimes hasn't made this story a priority yet. No doubt they will get around to praising the idea of having another highly paid but unvetted advisor to the White House.
    A Food Czar? Really? - IBD - Investors.com
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:32 AM

Spit.. kobe beef melts in your mouth .
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    That article is full of opinion and low on facts.
    For instance;
    You may laugh about the White House assistant chef being appointed "Senior Policy Adviser." You'll stop laughing when you realize that those in power really do want to tell you what to eat.
    Really? That's what you think is going on?

And then this little nugget:
    If President Obama really wants to appoint a butcher, baker or candlestick maker to a top White House policy job, we humbly propose a better suggestion: Joe the Plumber.
    That's some crack reporting right there - that's what tom refers to as quality news. :rolleyes:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 08:45 AM

Hello tom:

I'm not sure what you're against, here? Healthy children? Fresh food? Michelle Obama? A chef with influence? Investing into our kids future? Czars? What?

I know. You're happy with giving our kids chicken nuggets and coke, all the while you SUPPORT a $670 BILLION tax cut for the richest people amongst us, and have that amount ADDED to the deficit. I understand.

excon
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 09:00 AM

I think Tom wanted Paula Dean as the Food Czar :p
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 09:33 AM

Besides the fact that he cooks food Michelle likes and has popped up occasionally on cooking reality shows ;what is his qualifications for taking his substantial but "undisclosed " salary ?

NK ,wait a month or so... the dinosaur media will catch up... after all ,eventually they caught up to the National Enquirer about the Edwards story.

Ex of all people... I guess the only thing the government should not interfere in is your right to took.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 09:40 AM

By the way here is a list (probably missing some ) of the President's unvetted " czars ".

Afghanistan Czar - Richard Holbrooke; Intelligence Czar - James R. Clapper (nominated); AIDS Czar - Jeffrey Crowley; Information Czar - Vivek Kundra; Auto Task Force Czar - Ron Bloom; Border Czar - Alan Bersin; Medicare Czar - Donald M. Berwick; California Water Czar - David J. Hayes; Middle East Peace Czar - George Mitchell; Car Czar - Ed Montgomery; Mideast Policy Czar - Dennis Ross; Climate Czar - Todd Stern; Copyright Czar - Victoria A. Espinel; Pay Czar - Kenneth Feinberg; Cyberspace Czar - Howard Schmidt; Performance Czar - Jeffrey Zients; Domestic Violence Czar - Lynn Rosenthal; Regulatory Czar - Cass Sunstein;
    Drug Czar - Gil Kerlikowske; Science Czar - John Holdren;
    Economic Czar - Paul Volcker; Stimulus Accountability Czar - Earl Devaney; Education Czar - Kevin Jennings; Sudan Czar - J. Scott Gration; Energy & Climate Change Czar - Carol Browner; TARP Czar - Herb Allison; Faith-Based Czar - Joshua Dubois; Technology Czar - Aneesh Chopra; FCC Diversity Czar - Mark Lloyd; Terrorism Czar - John Brennan;
    Great Lakes Czar - Cameron Davis; Urban Affairs/Housing Czar - Adolfo Carrion; Green Jobs Czar - Van Jones (recently resigned); War Czar - Douglas Lute; Guantanamo Closure Czar - Danny Fried; Weapons Czar - Ashton Carter; Health Care Czar - Nancy-Ann De Parle; Weapons of Mass Destruction Czar - Gary Samore; Health Foods Czar - Sam Kass
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 09:45 AM

Spit.. See where Benedict Arlen wants to exchange a czar position as "special envoy to Syria for a yes vote for Elana Kagan to SCOTUS ?

Paula Dean ? Nah... Kim Kardashian
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 10:43 AM
    All of George W. Bush's 'Czars' Were Totally Fine, But Obama's Really Piss Me Off
    Eric Cantor: All of George W. Bush?s ?Czars? Were Totally Fine, But Obama?s Really Piss Me Off | Firedoglake

The Truth About "Czars"
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/The-Truth-About-Czars/

Bill O'Reilly called for more "czars" during Bush administration
    http://mediamatters.org/research/200909080038
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 20, 2010, 11:06 AM
    All these Czars and not a Romanov in sight ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 11:35 AM

I guess technically they should be called kommissars .
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 11:41 AM
    Who started calling them "czars" anyway? Seems kind of stupid to me.
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Hey, I found my answer: List of U.S. executive branch czars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    But check out the chart in that link, look at who was the first to go nuts with czar appointments!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

President 50% Vice President 50% [ 5 Answers ]

I am the president and the vice pres won't do his job. Does he have to get the same salary as me or can he be fired as a sales person

Any spicy thai food recipes from personal experience? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone... :) I'm wondering if we have any thai food experts out there? I've been cooking thai food for about 2 years now and I've searched every website I could find but I am still having trouble getting authentic recipes that are even slightly close to restaurant quality food. Anyone...

Reported post in: Any spicy thai food recipes from personal experience? [ 1 Answers ]

Post: Any spicy thai food recipes from personal experience? Posted by: Federico Cleve Reason Given: This person quoted a cookbook and dropped off an AD advertising faucets/sinks at bottom of post. I don't think it belongs here or anywhere else. Thanks.

What did the Czar have against beards? [ 5 Answers ]

What did the Czar have against beards?

View more questions Search