Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassycassie16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 01:41 AM
    Should I be worried about this unfinished root canal ?
    Hello so I'm 16 and I had a root canal done about a year ago the thing is that it was never finished because I think my roots won't mature enough.. welll now it's a hole with bits of tooth in the whole it looks like its rotting and it also taste like that too.Also it is sore sometimes especially when something pushes on a part of surronding gum. My mom doesn't like going to the dentist/docters in less its really needed. Should I be concerned for my tooth and health?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2010, 04:14 AM
    You should be concerned. You are going to end up losing the tooth if you don't get the root canal completed. I've never heard of a tooth being left with a root canal partially completed because of roots not being "mature" enough. I know of many people who have had root canals done before they were 16 and the root canal was completed immediately.

The longer your tooth sits hollowed out, it will crumble and the root will rot which will make it much more difficult when it comes time to remove it.

See your dentist as soon as you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I really need a root canal? [ 3 Answers ]

April 2008: - my dentist put a filling into the top of my back, bottom molar -- she noted that it was a pretty small filling - the tooth didn't bother me at all prior to this - a couple days later I started getting an acute, sharp pain when I chewed on that side

Root canal [ 3 Answers ]

I have an achy tooth that has a crack through it also .my dentist today took x-ray and it indicated small infection at root.I get panics at dentist and with injections and am only allowed non adrenalin based local anaestethics. I have heard weird stories about root canals e.g. they can give you...

Root canal [ 2 Answers ]

I had a re-do on a root canal on my upper right no.2 molar last one in back, wisdom teeth have been extracted. X-rays showed a cyst or pocket of infected area, or something. Re-do was successful though pocket area did not drain. I have had trouble focusing with my right eye before re-do and since,...

Re doing root canal [ 1 Answers ]

Before 16 years ago I have root canal and after that I have surgery (apicoectomy) .last year I put one bridge upper and now on tooth #8 I have pocket and I went to dentist ,they took x-ray and he said that the root canal failed and I have to do one more surgery.he said that if he do the root canal...

Root Canal [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There I just had the first part of a root canal done today... you know the part where they make a nice big hole in the tooth and take everything out... I have a temporary filling for now but I was wondering if there is anything special that I could do to "baby" this thing so there are no...

View more questions Search