Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Dec 16, 2006, 09:17 PM
    Lotion reaction?
    Hello
    I am a huge fan of Bath and Body Works, and have almost every scent they've made. I recently bought one of their new scents for the season, called Exotic Coconut. It smelled delicious, so naturally, I used it. After putting it on my whole body after a shower, my skin started getting really really hot. It never got red, but I couldn't even touch my leg, it was burning up! It was hot for like 2 minutes, then went away, and I smelled delicous the rest of the day. What could be causing this? I read the ingredients, and it has the same ingredients as one of their other fragrances Coconut Lime Verbena, which I use all the time. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and possibly why? Thank you very much!
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 16, 2006, 09:36 PM
    Hi Shoegal,
    Are there any alcohols of any sort in the lotion? Heavy oils can as well cause the skin to heat up a good bit, particularly with the friction of rubbing, but nothing close to what you descibe, on average. Mineral oil is generally bad as it has a tendency to clog the pores. It is possible you had a mild allergic reaction to some ingredient, though this would more likely present as some sort of rash.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 18, 2006, 05:51 PM
    You may have an allergic reaction to the product. Some people are sensitive to the fragrance or chemicals in lotions and cosmetics. You should stop using the product.
    bhlogan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2006, 05:23 AM
    I, too, used the same brand of lotion, Exotic Coconut. Although my skin didn't get hot, I was bright red like a sunburn. I'm still red after about an hour and hope I won't be too much longer. Needless to say, I won't be using the lotion anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Makari lightening lotion alternatives? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have been using makari for couple of months already. Although the result was amazing, I experienced severe breakout from it. Many have said that the caviar cream causes breakout. However, I think the lightening lotion actually broke me out more. Anyway, I haven't tried their...

Oriki lightening lotion [ 23 Answers ]

Hi guys, Has anyone ever heard or try the lightening lotion? Go to www.oriki.com. Thanks.

View more questions Search