Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shiki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 08:29 PM
    Rape
    OK a couple of boys in my school were taken for rape actually a gang bang rape but only 3 boys were involved. But the 2 accessories are in there too but the accessories didn't know what was going on they never new. Also the girl is only 12 years old and the boys that raped had sex with her are 19! She lied about her age to them and then had consentual sex with them! What will happen to the accessories to the crime? Will they serve tim? Get house arrest what will the accessories get?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :( I need help with this!
    keithold Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2006, 08:38 PM
    G'day Shiki,

Thanks for your question.

It depends on the jurisdiction, their age and their record. If they are over 18 and have a lengthy record and are found guilty, they would probably do time and serious time.

If they are minors and don't have a record, they would certainly receive a punishment in being sent to juvenile detention depending on the level of their involvement and the seriousness of the crime.

They should talk with a lawyer to get help.

Seasons greetings
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2006, 08:51 PM
    Are they all 19?

Where did this happen?
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Dec 16, 2006, 09:00 PM
    Hi Shiki,
    It is hard to say, but I would reckon, if adults, they will at least serve some house arrest with a fairly legnthy probation. No matter how you look at it, they were roughly complicit in the commission of a serious crime. I don't think that any judge is likely going to buy that they didn't have some inkling that she was perhaps underage. I'm sure the ones who committed that crime knew full well, but felt they had something a "weasel clause" so to speak, in the fact that she ostensibly consented.
    The most crucial and important thing is, legally she had no ability to consent. Regardless of what she might have said, it can't be upheld in court. Never mind the fact, that mentally and psychologically she's not remotely mature enough to even begin to understand the ramifications of her actions.
    Regardless of the fact that they made a poor decision in not attempting to stop what was going on, they certainly chose their friends obviously very poorly. And peer pressure or wanting acceptance is a very inept excuse in my book, bordering on detestable at the age of 19.
    I hate to be the one to say it, but, "Lie down with dogs. Wake up with fleas." Hopefully they will know enough not simply to stand by next time. And hopefully the victim will get the help that she will very likely need.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2006, 05:23 AM
    Hello Shiki:

A couple things. I understand that you are friends with some of the boys. I also understand that you weren't there. Yes, the boys claim that she lied. I'll bet she claims that she didn't. I don't know. I wasn't there either.

By the way, 19 year old "boys" are adults in the eyes of the law. Plus, accessories to a crime are often times as guilty as the actual perpetrators. What did they do? Guard the door while this supposed consensual sex was going on? Hold her down?

From what you've related, there was, at the very least, a statutory rape, and it could be worse – FAR WORSE! The "boys" need serious legal help right now! Tell them to hire the best criminal attorney they can afford. Tell them also, NOT to talk to the cops.

Given a rape of this magnitude, with a girl as young as this, if found guilty, they're looking at serious JAIL time - NOT house arrest!

excon
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2006, 10:40 PM
    These guys are facing serious time in prison. Just the mere fact that she is only 12 years old. How do you think a jury will view that? Not good. They need very good legal counsel but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that they have already told the cops everything under the sun that will incriminate themselves! :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutory rape. [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Readers, from what i beleive, statutory rape is anyone who is older than Age of Consent, And someone who is younger, i am currently 14 and live in Canada, and my boyfriend has just turned 18. i will soon be 15 ( March ):) and Canadian Age Of Consent Laws Age Is 14.:) does...

Hello - Statutory Rape? [ 8 Answers ]

In 2004, I met a guy who was involved with an acquaintance who had been dating him for years on end. She introduced me to him as he was seventeen, I was twenty at the time, blah blah blah.. I began dating him shortly thereafter. His family welcomed me in and told me that we had to be careful that...

Rape law [ 2 Answers ]

In NYC in 1951 if a twenty-five-year old man has sexual intercourse with a fifteen or sixteen-year-old girl, is that considered rape? Is it considered rape even if the girl consents?

View more questions Search