Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chevy666 Posts: 127, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Puppy Licking Rear
    I was just wondering what the reason could possibly be for him licking his rear all the time?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 05:20 PM

Worms are a distinct possibility.

What does the Vet say?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 19, 2010, 06:55 PM

Not as likely as worms, but it could be his anal glands as well. Is he having any diarrhea?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2010, 12:05 PM

I realize you "haven't been able to take him in" BUT impacted glands are extremely painful and if it's worms he could be at death's door in a very short period. You are playing with fire. If your Vet isn't open when you aren't working, find another Vet; if you can't afford Vet care, find another owner. Sorry to be harsh but that's how it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dogs licking each other? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Australian Shepherd named Sam and a Chihuahua named Lilly. Sam is neutered and Lilly is not. Sam and Lilly always play really really rough. They run through the house screaming and growling and barking. Sam will like chew Lilly and lick he head and back. When she sleeps, he will lick and...

Dog licking other dogs [ 1 Answers ]

My 19 month old black lab rescue mix female WILL NOT STOP LICKING my other 2 black lab rescue female and male 5 yr. old dogs. She licks their faces and mouths constantly and they hate it! Help! How can I stop Lucy from licking the other 2 dogs. (2 older dogs are not related).

Dog licking [ 2 Answers ]

My dog recently started licking everything. He licks the sofa, the bed, our skin, the carpet. We have had him for 8 years and he has always been the perfect dog. We are just curious. Just for your info, he recently had a check up and was diagnosed with heart murmur, and also never urinated in...

Licking pup [ 3 Answers ]

My puppy is a litte over a year old. It's a yorkshire terrior and he licks the floors and the doors.. and also he bites on the doors... does anyone no why?

Licking [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A 10 Month Old Puppy .her Problem Is Licking People .how Can I Break This Habit?

View more questions Search