Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mylesnstacy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 04:49 PM
    Levying a bank account from credit card judgement
    How often is it that credit cards levy bank accounts after judgement? I have since been in contact w them every day and they are still willing to settle. Could they touch my husbands accounts if my name is not on them?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2010, 05:07 PM

Are any of the debts in his name ? Are you using any of his accounts for direct deposits of your money ?

Also once they have a judgement, they may be talking to you all friendly and even make a "deal" only to go in and grab your money the same day.

If they are talking on the phone, they are lying ( personal opinion) as for any offers in writing, if they give you one in writing, it is real, if not, they are merely trying to get more info on your to be able to take more
    johnnyboy69 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Oct 23, 2010, 11:43 AM
    I was in contact with my creditor and at the same time they filed for a levy against my spouse's account so they do lie and my spouse's name was not registered with the credit card company that filed the levy. I read that the creditor can go after third parties such as employers to ge ytheir money.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 12:08 PM

A employer is not a third party, they go after the persons pay check ( garnishment)

Again what they can or can't garnish is determined by the local state laws ( if in the US)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I stop a credit card co. From garnishingmy bank account [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Ga. My daughter used my credit card and the bill is now over 5500. And I have been served with a summons to go to court and give and answer. I am told they can take my bank account checking and saving what can I do?

Credit card bank account levy Texas [ 0 Answers ]

I have a credit card debt of approx. $19,000 owed to a federally chartered bank. We are Texas residents and reside in Texas. The account has been in collection for over a year. The collection agency has threatened to issue a levy on our bank account. We also have a business account which is an LLC...

Levy on Bank account/ judgement on credit report [ 1 Answers ]

On week before christmas of last year I called to check my bank account and was told by the bank that I have a levy on my account, I asked them how is it possible that a stranger that I have never spoken to can do this to my account. The bank gave me a number and said that Thomas Law office put the...

Levying a Bank Account to Satisfy Judgment [ 2 Answers ]

I won a case in Small Claims (by default, he never showed up) against my previous landlord. It was actually against the property management company. It has been almost 9 months and I have not heard one word from him despite numerous attempts to contact him (voicemails, emails, etc.). I just...

Levying someone's business bank account [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two year old judgment against someone in small claims court for $100.00. This man has made no payment arrangements at all. He is a local business man who owns and operates a construction company. Is there any way to place a levy on his business bank account and if so how is this done. If...

View more questions Search