Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deronette97 View Post
    ok I will. My real father passed away wen I was about 4 years old
    So sorry
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jul 22, 2010, 06:51 PM

Sweetie.. you should do what everyone is asking you to do. No one has the right to put their hands on you.. for ANY reason. This obviously bothers you, you wouldn't be telling us if it didn't. There are laws here in the United States protecting you from that kind of abuse regardless on your families cultural beliefs. It bothers me that not only does he hit you but has an anger problem on top of it. That means he cant contol his anger.. and that's troublesome. Please talk to someone you can trust. And keep us updated.
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 07:02 PM

Please tell someone about your stepfather. You do not need to be beaten by a man who is supposed to protect you.

Your mother needs to understand she is no longer in Haiti anymore and stand up for you and your siblings.

American Law does not take too kindly to someone who abuses their children. Tell someone and they will help you be safe. A teacher, a minister or the next time he beats you call 911 and tell them what's going on.

Be safe young lady.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 22, 2010, 10:07 PM

Here is something you should remember that I hope helps you.
    If your stepfather is hitting you or anyone else , you can call 911 and just leave phone alone. Don't hang up just drop it. The people who can help you might be able to hear what is happening, but even if they can't , they will know where you are and that you need help and they will come right over and stop any bad things that are happening.

Remember you don't have say anything if it is the kind of phone that are in houses. If it is a cell phone you should talk if you can. Give the address FIRST. Then answer the questions if you can.

You are doing a great job here. I know grown ups that can't do what you are doing. I'm proud of you.

Write back as often as you can. OK?
    Expert

Jul 22, 2010, 10:28 PM

I want you to know I am not talking down to you. I use the childish wording an such so that younger people can read it.

By the composition of your writing I know you are quite intelligent and mature.
    It is grammatically correct, spell checked, and composed at a level beyond many adults. I am impressed.

I just want to make sure you realize that I know I am dealing with an intelligent young lady and not a child.

I should have posted this sooner and apologize for not doing so.

The concern for you is genuine and I actually worry some when we don't hear from you as quick as I would like to.

Be safe and calmed in the knowledge that this can and I pray to God , will be over soon. Keep being strong.

Sincerely,
    Paul (my real name)
    deronette97 Posts: 57, Reputation: 5

Jul 23, 2010, 02:48 PM

Thanks you guys, you've really helped me. I'll do so if it happens again.
    Again, thank you sooo much.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2010, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deronette97 View Post
    Thanks you guys, you've really helped me. I'll do so if it happens again.
    Again, thank you sooo much.
    We're here.. okay... you can reach us... Bless you:)
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jul 23, 2010, 05:01 PM

Just what Kitkat says... please stay in contact with us, whenever you can and let us know how your doing. Please take care hon!
    clam0391 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 06:06 AM

I personally don't think the hitting is so important as the misrepresentation. Hitting is at present politically incorrect, but not so harmful as the mental stuff.

Yes, you do need to get another adult involved, but I can't suggest who it might be. Whom do you know that you could confide in? Do you know any friendly social worker?

This isn't going to help, but I have to say how glad I am that this kind of thing didn't happen in my childhood.
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2010, 07:15 AM

Deronette you have friends here.. You call the Police if it happens again.

No stepfather should beat a child. No father should beat a child.
    Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 09:17 PM

This girl I worry about. I would love to get an update.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2010, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    This girl I worry about. I would love to get an update.
    I hope she comes back. She needs help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What To Do About The Lies [ 18 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 14 years and never in that time had I ever looked at his cellphone or the numbers on the bill. I woke up one day and something told me to check. I did and found he had other women in his contact list. He had been a manager at an automotive retail store and...

Lies [ 8 Answers ]

I am obviously in need of some help and opinions. I have been in an off and on relationship with this guy for over 2 years. I met him in school and we were a match made in heaven... at least that was what I used to think. I had to move for reasons that are not under my control, but we decided...

Mother of children lies and lies some more can I use it to my advantage [ 8 Answers ]

Ever since day one she has been lying to me an I could never do anything about because I never found out the truth until way after the matter and had already became attached to her. Now in her biggest debacle she lied to me for over a year about the paternity of our daughter and would have...

Father lies about child custody [ 5 Answers ]

THE FATHER OF MY SON HAS OUR 2 YEAR OLD HE DOES NOT WANT ME TO BE AROUND HIM UNLESS WE ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP! HE WAS USING MY SON AS A TOOL TO GET ME TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM WHICH RESULTED IN ME BEING 8 1/2 MONTHS WITH OUR 2 LIL BOY . THERE WAS A CUSTODY BATTLE STARTED BUT THE FATHER NEVER CAME TO...

Lies.. lies.. lies.. [ 14 Answers ]

I Have Been Married 5ys Now (together Scents 1995) We Are In The Early 30's And Have 3 Kids.(one Mine 2 Ours) There Are Many Problems In Our Relationship... mainly He Lies! Im Talking Lies To Lie. No Matter He Just Lies. Often I Think Hes Doing It To Bother Me, But At Other Times It's the First...

View more questions Search