Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uptowncountrygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 03:45 PM
    Shouting out in sleep
    My 85 year old Mother has been diagnosed with alzheimers. She knows who people are, but she gets confused easily and her short term memory is gone. She is taking aericept. Just over the past 6 weeks she has started shouting out OH! Very loud when she first goes to sleep, then it tapers off, but she will periodically yell throughout the night. It even happens during the day when she appears to be awake and even she is surprised by it. She says, "i must have been dreaming". Any idea what causes this?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 03:55 PM

My mother in law has the same disease and my mom is in the first stages. I don't know whether it's part of the disease because my mother in law used to yell out all the time. We thought she was in pain but her doctor said.. it could be the medication , but most likely the result of the Alzheimer's.

There are nurses and doctors here who can probably answer your question better. I'm sorry it's very hard and I will be thinking of you and your mom... Blessings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shouting/Crying/Yelling in sleep [ 14 Answers ]

Just a question... Ever since I can remember, any one who has ever shared a room or house with me has often told me that I shout out, cry, argue, swear etc in my sleep. This can sometimes be phsycial too as I sometimes wake myself up if I kick the wall etc... I've always thought that this only...

Need sleep, are on stilnox, clinics can cure the addiction but how do I sleep after [ 4 Answers ]

I have been drinking stilnox for three years to sleep, understand I am sort of addictive to it, been to docters, clinics, sleeping facilities, drank herbal medicine, follwed what's called sleep hygience, drank serotonin enhancers, NOTHING works, it's extremely difficult to get stilnox here and...

Trouble shouting [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a outdoor split system heat pump YORK E4FD AND A THERMOSTAT VICONICS CBE-118 . It indicated code 06. I cannot find this fault indication. The heat pumps restart after here defross cycle but stop and goes on emergency wich activated the funace for heating the house. Regards...

Shouting in sleep [ 1 Answers ]

I have been regularly shouting in my sleep and also fighting and I have also been taken off olanzapine for schizophrenia and also depression tablets(citalopram) I have also been having disturbing dreams one of which is when I am coming home on a bus and someone from school is there and they show...

View more questions Search