Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bowjean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 12:51 PM
    Power take off Switch keeps blowing out
    Power take off switch on john Deere L130 keeps blowing. I change the switch, turn on the mower deck, it will start and cut, but the least bind, or disengaging the PTO blows the switch again. What should I check next? The wiring all looks good.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 01:38 PM

Hi,
    You should carefully inspect the wiring first. The two trouble spots were near the clutch and along the right side of the machine under the rear fender on your model.
    Additionally, there is a keeper on the left side of the machine inboard and slightly to the rear of the fron t tire. It holds the clutch from spining and should be vetical in orientation. With the machine off, you should be able to grab the clutch and move it slightly back and forth. If it does not, then the link is damaged or not straight and binding the clutch.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 220 watt mackie power supply kept on blowing fuses were you plug in the power cord [ 2 Answers ]

My 220 watt mackie power supply kept on blowing fuses were you plug in the power cord.

Taking power from existing 3 way circuit to power another switch [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have another question, hope its not too confusing. I have an existing 3 way switch for the lights in my stairwell. I want to change the single gang box to a 2 gang box and add another switch to power 6 new can lights. Can I disconnect the hot (black) wire and add a pigtail and feed power to...

New dimmer switch will not dim light - taking power from 3 way switch [ 2 Answers ]

New dimmer switch will not dim light - I am trying to hook up a dimmer switch in a electrical box that already contains a three way switch. I am trying to take power from the three way switch to power the new dimmer and light. The way it is hooked up now the new light works but will not dim with...

How can I imcrease the blowing power of my furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas fueled forced air furnace. Upstairs get warm, but downstairs doesn't. The air from the vents is very weak; it trickles air instead of blowing it. The pipe that goes to the chimney gets really hot and the heating duct by the furnace is warm by the furnace, but the further away from the...

Bulbs keep blowing.Is it a power surge? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a ceiling light fitting in my lounge that keeps blowing bulbs. It has five bulbs and has been through eleven sets in eleven months.The building was built in 2004 and no other rooms are affected.:confused:

View more questions Search