Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shakun Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 11:33 AM
    Can one cortizone injection cause high sugar level on non diebetic person?
    I am 67yrs. I took cortizone injection for my heels. All through out my life my sugar level not more than 70to 80. Now it showed 132. It was only one injection and before that my sugar level was 70. Can you tell me or I should do the sugar test again?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 05:01 AM

Yes, any steriod will elevate sugar levels. Your sugar level should even out after a few weeks.

Tick

Jul 20, 2010, 10:34 AM

I am having pain on both side of my waist.I had eaten heavy food at 8pm. The night was comfortable but the pain started in the morning. But by next morning 70%pain was gone. I am wondering what caused the pain ?

Jul 20, 2010, 10:37 AM

My problem is constipation. I am taking Herbolax 2 tablet. I do excersize daily and eat healthy food. How to have a regular motion?

Jul 20, 2010, 11:12 AM

On a non diebetic person after taking one cortizone injection the sugar level has risen, how long will it take the level to come to normal level?
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shakun View Post
    i am having pain on both side of my waist.I had eaten heavy food at 8pm. the night was comfortable but the pain started in the morning. but by next morning 70%pain was gone. I am wondering what caused the pain ?
    We are answering your original question about sugar levels and cortisone. We answer that. Please limit your questions to one thread.

You are probably having pain because you over ate.

Tick
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shakun View Post
    My problem is constipation. I am taking Herbolax 2 tablet. I do excersize daily and eat healthy food. How to have a regular motion?
    I am not familiar with Herbalox, but in order to have regular bowel movements you have to chew your food thoroughly and eat plenty of leafy green vegetables.

Tick
    Expert

Jul 20, 2010, 01:27 PM

I answered this question when you asked it originally. Your sugar levels will go back to normal in a few weeks if you are actually a non diebetic person.

Tick

Jul 21, 2010, 12:11 AM

During this period when the sugar level is high do I have to take any medication to bring it down ?
    Expert

Jul 21, 2010, 02:58 AM

Your sugar level will work off as you walk, exercise, normal day to day activities unless you eat a lot of candy, chocolate, anything high in sugar content.

We can't recommend on medication. If you have a specific question you feel is not being answered adequately, please consult your doctor.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wack blood sugar level [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am Type 2 Diadetes. My Fasting blood Sugar is 6.5 to 8.00 on North American scale. However The problem is If consume anything Sweet like Cake or Chocalate in Night. My Fasting is Normal ( Under 6.5). But if I rigrously follow my meal plan it shoots up to 9 or 10 My docter says...

When Baking, is "High Altitude" Considered to be from Sea Level or Ground Level? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, All! The title is my basic question. I see this a lot on the packages of things that we might bake about options to use if we would like what we might bake to be a certain way according to whether we're baking at a high altitude or not. Where I live, we're over 5,000 feet above sea...

How high is high blood urea level [ 1 Answers ]

How serious isBlood urea level of 170

What to what when your sugar is high? Needed quickly [ 3 Answers ]

My mother in laws sugar is high. She is not diabetic or hyopoglycemic. We need to know what she can do to get it to come back down. She does not want to go to the doctor right now. So any good ideas are appreciated. Thank you.:o

Cortizone shot [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a cortizone shot in my knee yesterday due to a slight cartlidge tear and some ligament arthritis. Now my knee hurts more than it did before. I have been iceing it like I was told. Is this normal??

View more questions Search