Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bleedinglily112 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 10:06 AM
    Why are there vertical lines on my screen?
    For about 2 weeks now, there has been this one vertical line on my computer that will NOT go away. It only appeared after I turned it off, and turned it back on the next day. This morning I turn it on and now there is another vertical line. What can I do to get rid of it?
    Minikloon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 11:22 AM
    It's possible that your screen is broken. You should consider buying a new monitor. Look for plasma screens instead of LCD.

If you are using a laptop, use constructor guarantee. If you don't have any guarantee, you will have to buy a new, external monitor to use your computer.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2010, 11:23 AM

If you have access to another monitor, hook that up to see if still vertical line on another working monitor.

If you have access to another computer, hook your monitor up to it and see if line is still there on another computer.
    -If there on another computer, would be time to maybe replace the monitor

These are just some steps to try and narrow down if monitor itself or possibly something else

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my monitor show fine vertical lines in the pictures and graphics? [ 1 Answers ]

My monitor has recently started showing vertical lines in the graphics and pictures. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the typewritten words until the font is large or bold. I have tried adjusting the resolution setting but it hasn't helped. The monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 170MP Thanks...

I have vertical lines on my theatre projector along with the signal source,bad card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have vertical lines showing up over the signal source from my home theater projector. I changed the lamp module but no luck. Gone through all adjustments, Bad card maybe? The unit is a Toshiba TDP-MT800

Lines on my screen [ 4 Answers ]

It started about two months ago with one line. Currently I have 8 vertical lines in different colors running down the screen of my dell inspiron 9200 laptop. These are very thin line, maybe one pixel wide. Any ideas Anybody?

Thin vertical line/lines across TV esp. At startup [ 1 Answers ]

My 9-10 year old Sanyo 27" (I'm sure you're all laughing now) TV has thin vertical Line/lines going across the TV, especially at start up. As of now I fix it by smacking the side of the TV moderately hard with a rubber mallet. I'm surprised I haven't broken the plastic cabinet yet! The picture...

View more questions Search