Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unique4903 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 09:40 AM
    What if driver with no license hits you and your insurance has lapsed
    I was driving home and a car hit me.The driver had no license. I found out that my insurance had lapsed. The car the driver was driving was insured and the insured person was in the car that hit me
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 19, 2010, 09:47 AM

If you were in no part negligible and the fault has been determined to be the other drivers fault, then your insurance company does not even belong in the discussion.

If the owner of the other car chose to let an unlicensed driver, that is between the owner and the police.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 19, 2010, 10:06 AM

You file a claim against the other driver's insurance policy. If they were at fault, they will pay. They will, of course, try to switch fault to you or make you share fault. In that case, you may find yourself being partially responsible for the repairs.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 01:20 PM

Without knowing the details of the accident it's hard to give any more advice than you've already received. I've heard "the car hit me" when people were making illegal left turns so the details are important.

Where were you and what were you doing and the same regarding "him"?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hit driver who ran red light, no license, have insurance [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I hit a speeding driver running from the cops on a semi-busy intersection. I was following the law (the light was green), but the driver ran a red light and I hit him, so it wasn't my fault at all and I didn't get ticked for not having a license. In fact I didn't get in trouble at all, but...

Lapsed insurance on son's car [ 10 Answers ]

My son who was 19 at the time of the accident insurance lapsed which was in my name who is liable me the parent or my son. I'm being sued (the parent)...

Insurance Co. Not Paying-driver w/o license was hit [ 2 Answers ]

In Texas, if you were driving without a license and were struck by another car and that car was considered "at fault' could an insurance company refuse to pay a claim because of this?

No fault accident my insurance lapsed [ 4 Answers ]

I was in an accident and it was not my fault she claimed with her insurance. mine had lapsed what can happen to me?

View more questions Search