Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2010, 07:40 AM
    At fault insurance & Rental Cars?
    Hello All! I was in an accident where I was rear ended pretty severely on Friday night. The police department was called there and they filled out a report and issued the other party a citation. Now, my question is this. Does her insurance party normally reimburse me for a rental car while my car is in the shop?

I have filed the claim through my insurance company and they are going to go after the other person's insurance themselves. I myself don't have rental coverage on my policy, however is it protocol, since the accident was clearly not my fault, for the other insurance company to reimburse me for this?

Thanks in advance for all help!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2010, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    however is it protocol, since the accident was clearly not my fault, for the other insurance company to reimburse me for this?
    Hello kc:

Glad you're all right...

I don't know if I would call it protocol, but their company SHOULD pay for it. Since you don't have that coverage, you need to make a claim on THEIR company. YOUR company should have told you this.

excon
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2010, 07:48 AM

Hey Excon. My insurance company did specify that they themselves cannot demand reimbursement for the rental car, however they can ask them. They made it clear that I should handle this with them specifically if I expected to get payment.

Thanks for your help!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 19, 2010, 12:48 PM

From my own experience the good news is that you can expect to be reimbursed for one rental car. The bad news is that you will probably find that the max they will pay is around $25/day. Good luck finding a suitable rental for that kind of money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No insurance and not at fault [ 6 Answers ]

In geogria, I had an accident but neither driver was cited when cops came. My insurance had cancel but did not get cited for that either. I only found this out once I called the claim in. Now the other driver is trying to make me pay for the damage of there car! Is this right?

Accident in a rental and I didn't take the rental insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I had an accident in a rental car and I didn't take the additional rental insurance (I thought I was covered under my personal auto policy). I had to pull off the interstate and was sitting in the median when some guy ran off the road, traveled for about 300ft and smashed into me. We called the...

No fault wreck in rental car [ 5 Answers ]

Monday my husband, in laws, and I were in a wreck 10 minutes after getting a rental car. The guy that hit us admitted it was his fault to us and the police officer. The police report stated that it was his fault and of course listed both of our insurance information. We were told by one Enterprise...

Nys no fault insurance [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I find a physical therapist in the Fayetteville NC area that will accept New York State No Fault auto insurance?

No fault insurance [ 1 Answers ]

My 19 yr. old son was hit by a car (as a pedestrian) recently. He was in the state of Florida, we are from, and reside in Maine. My insurance company is the same as the driver's, who has very little in assets, and only carried the required 10K policy as stipulated as minimum in the state of...

View more questions Search