Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justryn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2010, 05:33 AM
    Outdoor woodfurnace add-on installation ( forced air control )
    Hello, I am thinking of installing an add-on outdoor woodfurnace. I need help concerning how to establish control of the existing heatpump- blower motor. Do I need a second tstat/or fan ctr ? How can the existing blowermotor be used for both systems ? Thanks for any help .
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 19, 2010, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justryn View Post
    Hello, I am thinking of installing an add-on outdoor woodfurnace. I need help concerning how to establish control of the existing heatpump- blower motor. Do I need a second tstat/or fan ctr ? How can the existing blowermotor be used for both systems ? Thanks for any help .
    You will find this will be a real can of worms for you. Do a search on this site for more info since this has been discussed before. Do a Google search since many folks have dealt with this before and that is usually done on wood burning sites. Below is all I have.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AD%20ON%20FURNACE%20BLOWER%20WIRING.pdf (50.3 KB, 130 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Day and night forced air unit blows cold air only [ 2 Answers ]

Disconnected thermostat 3 months ago reconnected but cold air only now blows. When investigating I noticed the gas was shut off so I turned it on. Unit stiill blows cold only. Help?

Cut opening in cold air return to allow alternative heat through forced air furnace? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a wood burning stove heating up my basement but the heat can't get to the upstairs because of the home design. I can't cut openings in the basement ceiling (upstairs floor) for the heat to just rise, so I am thinking about cutting a vent in the cold air return duct downstairs so I can just...

Forced air blowing cold air out of one vent, warm out of others [ 1 Answers ]

We have a forced heating system and all of the rooms but one have warm air blowing out of the vents. Why would colder or cool air be blowing out of the vents in one room? Note that this room is much larger than the other bedrooms so I figured the force of the air might be split between two vents...

How efficient is it to convert gas forced air to electric forced air? [ 1 Answers ]

I am afraid of a gas furnace, for fear of an explosion. I have had this fear since I was a little boy. Hence, I simply must have an electric heating system. However, the area in the MidWest where I have been considering has almost no electric homes, mostly because of the high electric rates...

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search