Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jordanctyson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 01:47 PM
    Clogged Townhouse Sink
    Hi,
    My bathroom sink is clogged on the third floor of my townhouse. It takes a very short time to back up (washing my hands for instance), and it takes hours for the water to drain. I took the trap off and it was clear. I also went 25 feet in with the auger and there were no clogs in the drain. None of the other drains in the townhouse are clogged at all. I talked to someone who thought that it may have something to do with the plumbing vent but I really don't know. Please help me!
    Thanks, Jordan
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 16, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Look down in the drain and you will see a rod about 6" down. Hair builds up and fermemts on that rod. Fish it out If you have a problem getting the stopper out click on back and I'll walk you through it. All this is so much do-do if you have a vessel sink in place of a regular lavatory. Let me know. Hope this helps, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clogged toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I am on the verge also of trying to take atoilet apart. My son flushed my plastic contaner of deodorant down the toilet. When I flush the toilet it still gurgles and filles up a lot so I know the item is still stuck. I was told it is probably too big for me to use an auger. SO my best bet would be...

Clogged Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

My husband tried to plunge a backed up toilet last night and was unsuccessful. Lovely me, I get the challenge to plunge it today. :mad: I've tried for an hour to aggressively plunge it, but to no avail. Upon plunging, the water does not go down. When I flush it, the water acts as though it's...

Sink REALLY Clogged! [ 1 Answers ]

Our kitchen sink drain has been "slow" ever since we've bought the house last April. However over the last week or so, it has almost completely stopped draining at all (and the water is smelly) I have had just a friend come over and snake it previously, but I got desperate today and decided that I...

Clogged Furnace [ 4 Answers ]

Please walk me through the steps to unclog my furnace oil line. I have seen the process, but not performed it myself. I have a Burnham furance with a Beckett pump/injector. I ran out of oil and now am clogged.

Clogged bathroom Sink Drain [ 1 Answers ]

My bathroom sink will not drain all the way. Had plumber in who put snake down drain from under sink and then removed toilet to enter from that end. Was told that the snake could break my lead pipe under the floor so he stopped and said that he had to break up the floor and replace entire pipe. ...

View more questions Search