Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garlind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2010, 09:17 AM
    Do I have a bad wire from my thermostat to my furnace?
    My AC my furnace and my furnace fan will not come on.
    I tested the thermostat and put wire r+w togeather then r to g then r to y turning the power on eachg time.
    Nothing works so I put the thermostat back in place. The fan on the furnace works when I put it on manually. How can I tell if there is a problem with the wire from the thermostat to the fan etc?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 03:13 PM

You will have to test the circuits with an electric meter. If you have a meter and know how to use it you are all set. If not call for local service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace thermostat needs 24 v wire [ 6 Answers ]

My new White Rogers programmable furnace stat says it needs 24 v dc to run it. I installed it and am using the 2 AA batteries to power it, but I have 4 wires coming in now. I have A/C. The stat is running OK now but if I take the batteries out the display goes dead. I don't know how to run 24 v...

Goodman furnace guso50-2 thermostat wiring instructions for 2 wire thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to hook up a 2 wire heat only thermostat as the door with the weiring diagram is missing it's a goodman guso50-2?

How to wire a thermostat to a furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older lennox propane furnace that was removed from my son's house. I do not have a wiring diagram. I want to put it in my workshop. How do I wire the heat only themostat ?

How do I determine if it is the furnace or the thermostat that is bad? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 0960 Maple Chase thermostat and a Carrier furnace. 16 years old. It will not stay on. I push the reset on the thermostat, it comes on but does not stay on. It comes on in the morning as set sometimes,not every morning. I also push the reset button on the furnace and flick the on/off...

View more questions Search