Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    big66man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2010, 09:05 AM
    How to stop a symmons diverter from leaking after replacing the diverter
    Hello, I just replaced my TA-9 and TA-25A diverter, but the diverter is still leaking from the center. What do I need to do to stop this leak?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 09:41 AM

Hi Big66man...

How old is the valve? Older valves.. around 20 years or so, can be very difficult to get the new diverter to seal at the ORING properly.

Did you grease the ORING? If not, remove the old diverter assembly and purchase some silicone grease or plumber's grease, grease the oring and try to install the diverter again.

If the new diverter got damaged at the oring when you installed it purchase another diverter assembly and grease it up and try again... ;)

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grohe tub diverter trouble. Water leaking from wall/base of diverter [ 8 Answers ]

We have a grohe tub shower set up. The Tub Diverter is leaking from the wall/base of the unit with both the shower and/or tub running, and the shower head runs while the diverter is filling the tub? Any suggestions?

Symmons - Temptrol Diverter [ 22 Answers ]

I have the above diverter in my bathroom. Recently it started to leak from the diverter handle that changes the use from tub to shower. I purchased the Symmons TA-25A Iverter Spindle to replace old. My problem is that I do not know how to remove the old spindle. Can anyone help me with my problem?

Symmons shower diverter spindle [ 0 Answers ]

Hi,I have just replaced my Symmons shower diverter spindle again(TA-25A)because of a leak and now have a new problem. I have to replace this diverter spindle every year or so because the plastic on the end by the o-ring cracks and it leaks water down through the first floor ceiling.The problem now...

How do you replace the Symmons temprol diverter [ 1 Answers ]

How do you replace the temprol diverter in a Symmons single valve shower/tub assembly?

SYMMONS Temptrol leaking from diverter [ 1 Answers ]

Symmons sent the replacement seats and tools to repair a leak from the diverter hole that happens only when water is turned on. I replaced the seats, tightening by hand stopping short of cranking them. (I didn't use a torque wrench). Three times I removed them and adjusted them, but the...

View more questions Search