Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlazingCold Posts: 130, Reputation: 31

Feb 14, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    I'm starting to believe that a year is a good figure to use to actually get yourself back on track, sort your life out by making improvements, riding through the pain and letting go in preparation for dating again. I still don't feel emotionally ready enough for anything along the lines of dating. I don't believe true love dies, you carry it inside but I also believe that you can truly love more than once.
    I agree with everything you've said, except for placing a time on it. Only you know when you're ready to start another relationship, but putting time constraints on it just puts undo pressure on yourself to be "ready" by that time.

True love doesn't die. Eventually, you'll only remember the good parts (if you choose to) and still care about that person, but know that it just wasn't meant to be. I care about my ex still, but the intense feelings are pretty much gone. I wasn't sure if I'd find another again, but instead of always wondering if it was a rebound, I just let myself "feel the moment" and go wherever life takes me.

Life's now blown me to someone who shares so much in common with me, I can't really remember what I saw in my ex!:)
    april75 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydew
    My ex told me he loved me, and thought he would never find someone he was more compatible with. 2 weeks later he's in a relationship with a coworker and they've got their pet names plastered all over myspace. Everyone is telling me it's a rebound...but they seem so happy together. It hurts.

Personally, I don't feel like I'm going to be ready for another relationship for a longggg time!

What happens to people that keep rebounding to the next relationship? Do they eventually realize their pattern...or do they finally find their special someone? Hmmmm
    Either it was a rebound or he was lying to you about his feelings. :(

Hopefully, repetative rebounders do eventually realize their pattern can be very destructive and learn to do the contrary. As a past rebounder myself, I know I have... it was my first time and last. If I should become single again I will be patient and wise about going into another serious relationship.

In my opinion finding that special someone simply requires living... it is not really difficult to find someone special or your true love that God meant for you to have... because they will find you when you least expect it. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Just got dumped in rebound relationship [ 17 Answers ]

Although I'm over 40 and "should have known better" - I didn't. I was friends for some time ( 2 years) with a man who eventually ends up in the process of a divorce. He asked for the divorce and was having a tough time financially due t court orders and a move to another state - a duaghter...

Rebound? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently started dating a women for the last month and a half. This is her first lesbian relationship. And my second. I just got out of a 2 and a half year relationship at the end of November of 2005. My ex screwed me over by lying and stringing me along, and many other things. I can...

Rebound [ 28 Answers ]

We all know that after a relationship, people tend to go on the "rebound"... finding someone to just pass some of the time along and get it out of the system... My question is... is it possible for someone who broke up with you to go on Rebound??

Intolerance, It should be considered a sin? [ 124 Answers ]

Okay, on the thread of reincarnation. Another member brought up an excellent point about intolerance. I was the one that started the thread of reincarnation and it went off topic. Which is expected I guess, but instead of continuing there I think this heading from another member is an excellent...

View more questions Search