Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Jul 17, 2010, 03:39 PM
    NEED Help Finding A Camera!
    Hi, I want to buy a new camera. I've been looking at the 35mm slr cameras. And I notice they are mostly all film, but I've seen some digital slr ones. I love the style, and I researched how the camera works and it's qualities and I absolutely love it. I found some ranging from a Pentax for 65 dollars to a canon [used] for 300. I have a couple questions about this type of camera, so if you can help me please try!

1. How can you determine if a used camera is suitable.
    2. Are they any of these types of cameras that are 300 dollars and under.
    3. Do all of these types of cameras REQUIRE FILM? Or are there digital ones.

4. Are there other types of cameras that are digital , but resemble this professional like style?

Thank you so much if you answer!!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 04:00 PM

The 35mm is the film size. Any that you see that say that is referring to the film size. When your talking 35mm slr. The beginning point is the "body" from there you can personalize it with lenses etc. At this point in time unless its something your used to or really want to get into you might want to save up and get a good digital slr. There is no film to process (extra money) and you don't need "proof prints". In the long run it can save you money.

Jul 17, 2010, 05:46 PM

Thank you for confirming that all 35mm are film. But if there are digital slr camera's, how do they work exactly? Also, are there other camera's who have a similar style to the 35mm slr, like a bit old fashioned.
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 05:52 PM

They work almost the same. SLR stands for "Single Lens Reflex".

Here are some digital ones but they can get expensive.

Digital SLR Digital Cameras: Compare Prices, Reviews & Buy Online @ Yahoo! Shopping

Jul 17, 2010, 05:55 PM

Thank you very much!
    What would be different about this versus a regular digital camera? Canon EOS Rebel XS Digital SLR Camera with Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS lens (Black)

Also what would I have to do before deciding if it is okay to buy a used one like this, since most of them are expensive.
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 06:00 PM

You can look up reviews for cameras your interested in. And also buy from reputable source. The older ones don't have the resolution of the newer ones. Also lenses can get expensive. Even used ones. Also make sure it works before you buy it.

Jul 17, 2010, 06:04 PM

Thank you. I think I'll try to buy a used one, from a place that is well known, but check the reveiws and condition first.

Jul 17, 2010, 06:07 PM

For these types of cameras will the quality of the shot be different? If so, how? Would there be a difference in color, brightness, etc due to this?
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 06:16 PM

A lot of the difference comes with density of the picture taken. Lets say you want to blow a picture up to 8 by 10. If you start with a small picture and blow it up it gets blurry. The better the primary picture the larger and clearer it can be. So a 6 megapixel won't be as good as a 12 megapixel. Mostly it depends what your going to use the camera for. Professional or Recreation.

Jul 18, 2010, 05:28 PM

Walmart.com: Olympus E-420 Black SLR Digital Camera With 14-42mm Zoom Lens & 2.7" LCD: Digital Cameras
    Even though it lists a lens size, it's definitely not a film camera right?
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 05:50 PM

You are correct. Its not a film camera. Its lists the lens because that is what comes with it. Most SLR cameras have interchangeable lenses. Or you can buy the body separate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Camera [ 7 Answers ]

I attended a recent board meeting where the board and I were informed at meeting time that the entire meeting was going to be held in camera. Others, such as the secretary and treasurer were informed earlier that the entire meeting was going to be held in camera and that they were not to attend....

Which camera should I get? [ 5 Answers ]

http://www.digiworldhanoi.vn/digiold/wp-content/uploads/ti679_1.jpg http://www.pma-show.com/news_images/00365_canon-powershot-a470.jpg I am 13 and have never owned a digital camera before. I am becoming interested in photography, but I also would like a small camera for everyday use. I would...

Recommend a nanny camera or hidden camera system [ 5 Answers ]

I am hiring a live-in nanny and like any paranoid but responsible parent I want nanny cams. Can anyone recommend a company or system for me asap. I want hidden cameras. I would like to be able to view my house while traveling via internet. Also I want to record all activity in the house. Please...

View more questions Search