Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yorkiegirl200 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 02:15 PM
    My top pool railings are peeling. Can they be scraped and coated with something?
    My pool top railings are peeling. I can't replace them. Can I scrape them and put a sealer of some kind on them?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 08:23 PM

Your railing is likely stell or aluminium. You should test with a magnet and if it sticks use a good exterior epoxy paint made for metal. If the magnet does not stick use an epoxy that says it works on aluminium. Rust-o-leum makes both. http://www.rustoleum.com/zinsserhp.asp

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swimming pool top rails [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 21” round above ground pool and the top rails are rusting through. The rust is falling in the pool. I put the pool up about four years ago. It was given to me from a friend who said he only used it for one year, then moved and took the pool with him intending to put it back up but never...

Scraped the side of pole in drive-thru.my fault? [ 21 Answers ]

OK... the pole was put there to stop people from going over a curb. You CANNOT see this pole if you are in a mini-van, suv or other type of "taller" vehicle. The curb it's on is only 5 in. tall and would not have hurt my van in anyway. BUT now that I didn't see this pole, it scraped the side of my...

Pool Top Rail [ 1 Answers ]

There are a few rails that need replacing on our above ground pool. Any suggestions of what to do or where to go? We are replacing the liner and want to fix or buy new rails because of rust on some. Help! We can't seem to find a place that has the rails.

Pool top rail [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am looking for a replacement top deck rails for an above ground 21ft round pool, any clues?

View more questions Search