Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jul 22, 2010, 03:39 PM

Hi KitKat,

I am not trying to convert anyone one way or the other. I was responding to an interesting idea Cdeering put forward.

I am not sure who I was before. Come to think of it, I am not sure who I am now.

Regards

Tut
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Hi KitKat,

I am not trying to convert anyone one way or the other. I was responding to an interesting idea Cdeering put forward.

I am not sure who I was before. Come to think of it, I am not sure who I am now.

Regards

Tut
    You made me laugh, (not a put down) Who do you think you are:D

Jul 22, 2010, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat22 View Post
    You made me laugh, (not a put down) Who do you think you are:D

Hi again KitKat,

Come to think of it I had a unsuccessful go at answering that in the philosophy section not long ago.

Tut
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2010, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Hi again KitKat,

Come to think of it I had a unsuccessful go at answering that in the philosophy section not long ago.

Tut

You are you.:D

Jul 22, 2010, 04:22 PM
    You are you.:D

Thanks for that KitKat
    I am sure your are correct.

Best wishes

Tut
    bss1839 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2010, 08:11 PM

Every human being is in the process of birth and death.There are 84 lakhs of species through which our soul has to travel . A long long way. A never ending cycle Our transformation into human is a chance GOD has given to us to worship him and meet him so that we our liberated from taking birth again and dying again.Remember it is our only and only chance. We do not have to waste our precious time. Just meditate upon GOD who is in your heart. If you move one step towards him HE will come 10 million steps towards you.The GURU (Teacher) will take you to GOD . GU stands for the darkness. RU stands for light. So the GURU is the one who takes you from the darkness of ignorance to the divine light of wisdom. I hope you find the true GURU.
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2010, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bss1839 View Post
    Every human being is in the process of birth and death.There are 84 lakhs of species through which our soul has to travel . A long long way. a never ending cycle Our transformation into human is a chance GOD has given to us to worship him and meet him so that we our liberated from taking birth again and dying again.Remember it is our only and only chance. we do not have to waste our precious time. just meditate upon GOD who is in your heart. If you move one step towards him HE will come 10 million steps towards you.The GURU (Teacher) will take you to GOD . GU stands for the darkness. RU stands for light. So the GURU is the one who takes you from the darkness of ignorance to the divine light of wisdom. I hope you find the true GURU.
    The only thing that will take you to God is having the blood of Jesus applied to your heart. It wasn't a GURU who died on the cross, it was the son of God. Through him and his love you find your way to God.
    bendingleconte Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Aug 23, 2010, 03:55 PM

A Hindu's answer: Reincarnation makes more sense to me that getting one go in life. Perhaps you should read Bhagavad-Gita. It is the essence of Vedic scripture (predating the Bible) with similar stories.

You are correct in stating that religion is man-made. There is only one God, call Him by whatever name you choose. (Yahweh, Elohim, Jehovah, Krishna, Vishnu, etc.) The one thing ALL religion has in common is its Dharma... the loving service to God.
    leebeef Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Aug 26, 2010, 07:10 AM

Yes reincarnation is a truth.The soul will continue to re-incarnate until it has balanced its karmas and raised its vibration in order to overcome this world. Eastern people are doing this all the time.Meditation is the art of raising the vibration of our minds.Balancing Karma is getting to an even score card with all your past lives and this present one. Then you will be able to avoid this. Until then you will continue to have lives

Aug 26, 2010, 08:57 AM

Leebeef makes a very valid point as well. Karma must be balanced in order to break the cycle of birth and death. I personally do not believe this is possible because as long as one is enjoying the fruit of his own actions, he must accept his karma. It shall never end this way, because even if you do only good things, you must remain to enjoy the good karma.

The Bhagavad-gita explains this thoroughly. The only way to break this cycle is to offer the fruits of our actions to the Lord. Of course this is a religious belief, but it doesn't matter what religion. Christians work through Christ, hindus to Krishna, either way we must serve God to return to His spiritual realm.
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bendingleconte View Post
    Leebeef makes a very valid point as well. Karma must be balanced in order to break the cycle of birth and death. I personally do not believe this is possible because as long as one is enjoying the fruit of his own actions, he must accept his karma. It shall never end this way, because even if you do only good things, you must remain to enjoy the good karma.

The Bhagavad-gita explains this thoroughly. The only way to break this cycle is to offer the fruits of our actions to the Lord. Of course this is a religious belief, but it doesn't matter what religion. Christians work through Christ, hindus to Krishna, either way we must serve God to return to His spiritual realm.
    One God, who has a son named Jesus. The Holy Spirit.

One way. To be washed in the blood of the lamb. I hope you find that way . I won't knock your beliefs. But I know when I lay down in my bed at night , that if I die I'm going to wake in Heaven. If the trumpet of the Lord sounds and he comes back in the clouds to get his children, I'm ready.:)

Aug 26, 2010, 10:10 AM
    One God, who has a son named Jesus. The Holy Spirit.

One way. To be washed in the blood of the lamb. i hope you find that way . I won't knock your beliefs. But I know when I lay down in my bed at night , that if I die I'm going to wake in Heaven. If the trumpet of the Lord sounds and he comes back in the clouds to get his children, I'm ready.:)
    Yes, Kitkat... One God. Even as a Hindu I agree. The Bhagavad-gita is hindu scripture and explains it very well. Once people understood that many scriptures compliment each other, there would be much happiness on this planet.

No offense to your beliefs either, but it's always the Christians who bring up the "It's not the same God" argument. I believe in one God, I just call him by His name in Sanskrit instead of Hebrew as I imagine you would do.

The bottom line is love Him and serve Him and we will see each other in Heaven.
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 10:11 AM
    Yes, Kitkat...One God. Even as a Hindu I agree. The Bhagavad-gita is hindu scripture and explains it very well. Once people understood that many scriptures compliment each other, there would be much happiness on this planet.

No offense to your beliefs either, but it's always the Christians who bring up the "It's not the same God" argument. I believe in one God, I just call him by His name in Sanskrit instead of Hebrew as I imagine you would do.

The bottom line is love Him and serve Him and we will see each other in Heaven.
    Yes we will:)

Aug 26, 2010, 07:20 PM

Leebeef, hello and namaste.

My statement above is indicating that to enjoy ones fruits for our own gain is still karma. Positive karma as much as negative karma cause us to remain in this world to accept it. I am simply stating that by giving our fruits to God, he frees us from the results of karma.

Everyone must engage in some sort of activity in this material world. But actions can either bind one to this world or liberate one from it. By acting for the pleasure of the Supreme, without selfish motives, one can be liberated from the law of karma (action and reaction) and attain transcendental knowledge of the self and the Supreme.

Bg. 3.19
    "Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities, one should act as a matter of duty, for by working without attachment one attains the Supreme."
    I invite you to read Bhagavad-Gita chapter 3.

I look forward to speaking to you further.
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 07:26 PM

I do not believe in it. Not at all.
    leebeef Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Aug 26, 2010, 08:17 PM

Bending
    Yes I understand that attchment could hold us to the earth plane. My understanding is that even when Yogananda came to the States to open up the new meditation studios he enjoyed the fruits of his work, yet the result of his teachings here was more positive Karma. I think even Sri Yuteswar upon his death distributed his positive Karma to his disciples so they would have to work through less in their present life time. Positive Karma is built from acts that correspond with God's will .Karma or cause and effect must be balanced in order to be removed from the rebirth cycle. My understanding is that even these eastern masters were incarnated only for 1 reason and that was to balance their Karma's. Some had already raised their level of consciousness in order to get back to the (casual plane) Archangelic plane yet had to return to balance their Karmas. Is this your understanding bending
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leebeef View Post
    Bending
    Yes i understand that attchment could hold us to the earth plane. My understanding is that even when Yogananda came to the States to open up the new meditation studios he enjoyed the fruits of his work, yet the result of his teachings here was more positive Karma. I think even Sri Yuteswar upon his death distributed his positive Karma to his disciples so they would have to work thru less in their present life time. Postive Karma is built from acts that correspond with God's will .Karma or cause and effect must be balanced in order to be removed from the rebirth cycle. My understanding is that even these eastern masters were incarnated only for 1 reason and that was to balance their Karma's. Some had already raised their level of consciousness in order to get back to the (casual plane) Archangelic plane yet had to return to balance their Karmas. Is this your understanding bending

Give me a break! When you die you either go to heaven or hell.:rolleyes:

Aug 27, 2010, 10:55 AM

Leebeef, I understand that what you are describing sounds like a Buddhist account of karma. I am just defining the Hindu perspective as stated in the Bhagavad-Gita. What you say makes perfect sense in that karma must be balanced, so good karma will be had until it balances all past bad karma.

The Hindu perspective is that ALL karma keeps us in the world. God forgives all karma and allows us to work for him without ANY karma if we surrender to Him.

Aug 27, 2010, 10:57 AM

Kitkat, I certainly do appreciate your beliefs, but this IS a discussion on Reincarnation. Regardless of your beliefs, I do believe in it.

Think about it with an open mind, it seems to make more sense than existing for eternity and getting one life of 85 years. (my opinion). :)
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2010, 11:01 AM
    Kitkat, I certainly do appreciate your beliefs, but this IS a discussion on Reincarnation. Regardless of your beliefs, I do believe in it.

Think about it with an open mind, it seems to make more sense than existing for eternity and getting one life of 85 years. (my opinion). :)
    Sorry my mind is open and when I get to heaven, it's going to be for eternity. Thanks:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reincarnation [ 264 Answers ]

This stirred up so much anger in another website that I am on, answerway.com What do you think about reincarnation. Do you believe in the possibilities that reincarnation exists and was taught in the earlier christian churches? Thank you in advance! Joe

Reincarnation, do you want to come back? [ 12 Answers ]

If reincarnation were true, would you want to come back to earth?

Reincarnation joke [ 4 Answers ]

Reincarnation Bryan came home from the pub late one Friday evening stinking drunk, as he often did, and crept into bed beside his wife who was already asleep. He gave a peck on the cheek and fell asleep. When he awoke he found a strange man standing at the end of his bed wearing a long flowing...

Reincarnation suggestion [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all! Firstly, I hope this is in the right spot and secondly, I have had a thought and I was just wondering what people think about it. OK so, you know how people who have had near death experiences and most of them always say that they saw a dark tunnel with a bright light at the end? well...

Faith in rebirth or reincarnation? [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know if Buddhists & or Hindus have faith in reincarnation & karma. Man's need for spirituality wasn't fulfilled in India in ancient times. God spoke to the Jewish people first. If God did not speak directly to the Hindus-& they created the spirituality about what or who is God...

View more questions Search