Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kabrenica Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2010, 11:28 AM
    How do you change the air filter for a Trane XB90
    It's in my crawl space and I cannot figure out where the air filter is?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2010, 01:36 PM
    There are several different places a filter can be installed. Look inside furnace where it is connected to the return air remove door/cover in the blower motor area
    kabrenica Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2010, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop View Post
    there are several differant places a filter can be installed. look inside furnace where it is connected to the return air remove door/cover in the blower motor area

Thanks for your reply. I did open up the only panel that looked like it could be opened. And I saw the motor and other electrical things and wires, but no place to put an air filter. It would seem that the filter would be placed somewhere at the end of a duct or something and near all those wires?

Thanks for any help on this, as I'm a true novice at this stuff. It was hard enough just going into the scary crawl space with all those spiders..

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks,
    Kristinne
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2010, 03:00 PM
    Kristinne, Did you look behind return air grill,inside the house? Some houses just have one large return,some a lot more smaller ones. If you have more than 1 return its not very likely to be on the inside

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xb90 steady blinking led anout 1 sec [ 0 Answers ]

Pre-blower motor runs 3-5 secs, then off 1 sec, propane is full, furnace does not fire I have powered off & on. Same results

Trane XL80 Air Filter [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter and her husband recently purchased their house and are remodeling. I asked about the filter in the furnace if they had changed it with all the dust caused by the remodel. It has not been changed so I went to change it and cannot locate the filter anywhere. I thought it would be in the...

Water Dripping on the Air Conditioner - Air Filter [Trane Unit] [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a Trane AC unit and off late I have observed am issue Condensate Water has begun Drip on Filter. The technician told that the freon level is on and there is no bildup or clog in the condensate water collection tray or the pipe draining out the water. However he has not been...

LED on Trane XB90 not on [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Trane XB90 furnace and just recently moved the thermostat up a bit on the wall to make room for a light switch. I didn't cut power first and think I touched the stat wires. After hooking the stat back up the furnace would not turn on. I recycled power to the furnace and that did not help....

View more questions Search